New best friend…

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
awalker1829

New best friend…

Post by awalker1829 »

Things have been busy for our family. Mom and Dad finally got around to getting a dog. They’ve been thinking about that for sometime and finally made the decision. They’re getting a Goldendoodle from a breeder in Minnesota. The dog is three years old. They will fly up this week to get him.

Their plan to get a dog made me rethink about my interest in getting a dog. Last time it just didn’t work out but I decided I was ready to try again. I looked around and found this girl needed a home.

Her name is Meiyo and she’s a three year old Akita. Her family was moving and couldn’t take her with them. A couple of weeks ago I got in contact with them and got more information on her-good with cats, knows commands, etc. Last Saturday I drove from Tucson to Chinle, Arizona to meet her. She was very friendly and took to me immediately. I adopted her and brought her home. It’s a good thing she loves car rides as it’s a seven hour drive from Chinle to Tucson.

The cats were less than thrilled with her arrival, but have gotten used to her. Only issue she has is separation anxiety, but I come home at lunchtime and am giving her all the attention she can take. She’s very well behaved and seems to be happy. I look forward to walking her in the morning when it’s nice and cool. She isn’t bothered by traffic or people, which is important since I live downtown and the streets we walk along include very busy ones.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New best friend…

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: nice looking dog!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Awesome, you have a new Fur-Buddy!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

She’s a great exercise partner too. Weekdays we walk twice a day roughly 30 minutes each. Weekends we walk twice a day, maybe an hour in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon. My pedometer shows a significant increase in the number of steps each day since she arrived.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

That's awesome! And congratulations on rehoming her with you!!! She's a fine looking dog!!!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

She’s a very fine dog. Her previous owner was very sad to have to give her up. Fortunately I own my place and State Farm doesn’t care what kind of dog you own if it’s well behaved.