Four SKS Rifles

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Big Coulee

Four SKS Rifles

Post by Big Coulee »

I have four SKS rifles, two Chinese and two Russian pieces. I shoot the two Chinese pieces more than the Russian pieces but both are quite accurate and are a pleasure to burn powder with. If push ever comes to shove in my little corner of the world, I believe I'd grab a SKS first and head for my defensive position. One hundred (100) rounds of 7.62x39mm on stripper clips for the SKS can be carried in my Chinese chest packets much easier than 100 rounds in magazines for an AK 47 rifle. The SKS would allow a much lower profile to fire from than a 24 round magazine sticking out the bottom of an AK47. Just a couple of my thoughts on the two weapons systems.
SA1911a1

Re: Four SKS Rifles

Post by SA1911a1 »

I also prefer the SKS over the semi-auto AK.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
CavemanSteve

Post by CavemanSteve »

I find, in general, better accuracy in my SKSs than my AKs.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Biggest piece of shit I ever ended up with was this abortion of an SKS that had been shortened to "para" size and had the AK mag butchered into it. First round fired the mag fell out and bullseyed my foot. Second round did the same, there was no third round. I got that one as part of an entire collection I bought out. My regular SKS rifles work just fine. I think Century made these cut down AK mag rifles, but it could have been Norinco back before 1992. They chopped up a Chinese military SKS to make that, a real shame.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 am I also prefer the SKS over the semi-auto AK.

SKS is defiantly superior for hitting a target.
:2cents:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Big Coulee

Post by Big Coulee »

Man, that sounds exactly like the democrats in 2024 !!! Next thing you know Biden and his bunch (if allowed) will copy everything done from 1933 to 1945.