Tokarev question

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vity

Tokarev question

Post by Vity »

Hi, I have russian Tokarev 1938. It's in poor condition and completely mismatched . I got another one, much nicer condition, and after I will receive it I would like to sell my old one. However I cannot properly price it. I see that the price range for those guns between $800 and $2000. I would be really appreciated if anybody can help me. I attached some pictures of the gun. if this wrong place for this kind of questions please let me know I will remove this post. thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
etprescottazusa91

Re: Tokarev question

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

A Russian gun is a piece of WW2 history, Russian service guns are always more desirable than the Chinese imports even mismatched. Sounds like you have a realistic expectation of what it will bring in mind. Region of USA influences the value also. So price it to reflect its condition while emphasizing its strong points, Russia, WW2, Russia some more. Then take a fair offer and let it go. I"ll let others that know the market on these throw out numbers.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Vity

Post by Vity »

Thank you
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Vity wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:13 pmThank you
Advertised on a private sales forum in Arizona. A Chinese manufactured gun can be purchased here in the used market place for $400.00 an example of something similar in our regional market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Vity

Post by Vity »

etprescottazusa91 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:53 pm
Vity wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:13 pmThank you
Advertised on a private sales forum in Arizona. A Chinese manufactured gun can be purchased here in the used market place for $400.00 an example of something similar in our regional market.
Modified Romanian Tokarev goes from $400 to $500. Modified russian Tokarev in good condition with matched numbers sold from $530 to $890. And unmodified one with matched numbers and fair condition was sold for $1100. So, where is mine fits here?