Safariland Holsters for S&W K-Frame 4-inch Revolvers

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

Safariland Holsters for S&W K-Frame 4-inch Revolvers

Post by tjtM38 »

I think some of the classic holsters for 4-inch, medium frame revolvers were the older Safariland black leather holsters. The basket weave leather is shown holding my Model 15 with stag grips. The plain black is shown with a Model 10. Both holsters size #29 are a perfect fit for the S&W K-Frame revolvers. The interior of these is more like a suede leather that really minimizes holster wear. I bought the smooth leather #29 in the early 1980's soon after I acquired the Model 15. The basket weave pattern holster was purchased for $20 in a pawn shop just last year. With a little clean up and leather balm, it looks almost new. I don't think they make these anymore. It seems like every cop I saw in the 1970's had a Safariland rig with belt, holster, speedloader pouches and flashlight. Guess those days are long gone. If any of you have some similar holsters, I would like to see them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
etprescottazusa91

Re: Safariland Holsters for S&W K-Frame 4-inch Revolvers

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

tjtM38 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:45 pm I think some of the classic holsters for 4-inch, medium frame revolvers were the older Safariland black leather holsters. The basket weave leather is shown holding my Model 15 with stag grips. The plain black is shown with a Model 10. Both holsters size #29 are a perfect fit for the S&W K-Frame revolvers. The interior of these is more like a suede leather that really minimizes holster wear. I bought the smooth leather #29 in the early 1980's soon after I acquired the Model 15. The basket weave pattern holster was purchased for $20 in a pawn shop just last year. With a little clean up and leather balm, it looks almost new. I don't think they make these anymore. It seems like every cop I saw in the 1970's had a Safariland rig with belt, holster, speedloader pouches and flashlight. Guess those days are long gone. If any of you have some similar holsters, I would like to see them.

I looked, out of every holster I have I had one Safariland holster. I used this one often years ago to carry my model 59, always worked great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933