Made in Russia; Recycled in Ukraine

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
tjtM38

Made in Russia; Recycled in Ukraine

Post by tjtM38 »

I bought this key chain from an EBay seller in Ukraine. It's so nice, I think I'll buy one for my brother.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Made in Russia; Recycled in Ukraine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Somebody gave me a couple of these awhile back, I always wonder if it was part of a tank, or old sewer pipes blown out of the streets from Soviet bombs. :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Apparently the Russian army is hurting so bad for tanks that they are reactivating some real Cold War relics. Germany is delivering the first of the Leopard tanks promised to Ukraine with other munitions and the weapons promised by the other European countries should be following shortly.

I think that some of Russia’s weapons customers might be rethinking their reliance on Russian weapons given how they’re doing in the current conflict. I think the biggest problem is user error. The Ukrainians made military history when they shot down the Beriev A-50. That was the first time an AWACS plane has ever been lost in combat. Then on top of that, they seriously damaged the IL-22 command center aircraft that was paired with the A-50, causing it to make an emergency landing.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I thought about getting one. Thought it was a cool idea. A buddy gave me a pen that was made from the wood of the North Carolina.
Here is a good website for tracking Russian losses. I’ve been following it since the beginning.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/a ... t.html?m=1
The Ukrainians are knocking the shit out of them with drones, himars and javelins.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I’ve thought about getting one too. Anything to help the Ukrainians to stick it to Putin. One of my coworkers at work was complaining about us funding the Ukrainian war versus putting America first, even if it costs us an ally.

One-you don’t abandon an ally, especially in their time of greatest need. Their interests are your interests when it comes to defending their freedom. America First means freedom first.

Two-The price of freedom is eternal vigilance against those who would deny us freedom. America has long promoted itself as Freedom’s Arsenal-its time to prove that once again. Russia must be taught that invading neighboring countries is unacceptable and made to pay the price. Putin wants to recreate the old USSR-something that most of the former USSR countries don’t want.

Either we help Ukraine stop Putin and the Russians now or we get involved when Russia attacks one of the NATO member Baltic states. If we continue to support Ukraine, we can possibly stop Russia without becoming directly involved. If we stop supporting Ukraine and Russia attacks one of the Baltic states, we will have to become directly involved.

All that said, I think the Ukrainians can push Putin back out of their country if we continue to aid them. They’re making Putin pay a high price for his invasion-draining Russian blood and treasure. If anything, this will greatly degrade Russia’s military resources and make any future invasions much harder for Russia to do.