1945 M38 Izhevsk M38 for sale

Buy and sell here. WTS, WTT, WTB
This is not a forum, please no chit chat
Read the rules first and remember, the forums are not a party to any transactions.
Beeps905

1945 M38 Izhevsk M38 for sale

Post by Beeps905 »

I am selling my 1945 M38 Izhevsk with an M44 laminated stock and wanted to give members an opportunity to buy it here before selling it somewhere else. I'm not a collector, but I was provided information from some very helpful members on this forum. You can search my previous posts for additional information and pictures. The description is to the best of my knowledge and I will gladly send additional pictures if you want them. I purchased this rifle from a crate of surplus rifles and it is time to pass it on to someone else. It has been shot approximately 5 times and I have not done any modifications to it.

The sale price is $900 plus your cost for shipping to a licensed C&R or FFL dealer. Accepted form of payment is by US Postal Service Money Order.

Item will be shipped via USPS PRIORITY with signature confirmation, insurance & tracking #. I will send the tracking # to you the day of shipment so you can check the package status. I will sell the rifle to whoever is the first reply to this post with an unconditional "I WILL BUY IT"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racerguy00

Re: 1945 M38 Izhevsk M38 for sale

Post by racerguy00 »

Any photos of the tang date?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Beeps905

Re: 1945 M38 Izhevsk for sale

Post by Beeps905 »

Is this what you are looking for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, for the tang date you must remove the action from the stock, flip it over and look at the very rear of the receiver were the bolt goes through. There should be numbers and arsenal mark there. Just take a picture of the numbers and that will be what racerguy is looking for.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Beeps905

Post by Beeps905 »

TY Junk Yard Dog! Attached is the picture of the tang. I don't see any numbers but there is an arsenal mark on it. I also located another stamp on the barrel with information that might be useful. That pic is attached as well. Let me know if you want more pictures.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

If you can get a good clear picture of the date on the barrel it would help. It appears to be a poorly stamped 1943 date there as opposed to 1945.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Beeps905

Post by Beeps905 »

Hopefully this pic is better. When I try to save the pic in its original size it is too large to attach to this post. I'm not sure if the bottom of the 3 & 5 look the same on these rifles, or if that is a way to help identify. The bottom of the last number looks the same as the 5 below it, but you guys are the experts. I want whoever buys it to get what they are expecting. I'll gladly send more pictures or if there is another way better identify the year, let me know.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Definitely 1943 date. The rough wartime machining on the barrel and receiver along with the partial/weak stamps are traits of wartime mosins. In 45 they were machined and finished back to the prewar standards. Also the bottom of the 5 in 1945 doesn't come as high as the bottom of the 3 in 1943. Just trying to save you having an angry buyer.

1945 date m38s are very uncommon and sell for a lot more than a 43 date.
Beeps905

Post by Beeps905 »

I definitely appreciate your help and value your knowledge of these rifles! I'll do some research on what the 1943s are selling for and relist the rifle as such. Is there something I should do with this post so I don't waste potential buyers time who think there is still a 1945 rifle for sale? I apologize for the confusion.