What can you tell me about my Mosin?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
montana_jeepn

What can you tell me about my Mosin?

Post by montana_jeepn »

Hi. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum.

I have an old Mosin that I've had for years but really know nothing about it.

So far I have figured out that it is:
a. KO-M91/30 imported to the US as a sporting rifle to get through customs easier
b. It was built in 1942
c. It was built in the Tula Arsenal
d. Appears to be all matching except the force-matched magazine

Thats where my research ended so far. Any details that you can share about my rifle would be very appreciated. Many thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What can you tell me about my Mosin?

Post by millman »

It looks like a pretty standard refurbed 91/30. Looks unmolested. Keep it as is and it will gain in value. Shoot it and enjoy it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
montana_jeepn

Post by montana_jeepn »

millman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:48 pm It looks like a pretty standard refurbed 91/30. Looks unmolested. Keep it as is and it will gain in value. Shoot it and enjoy it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8-)
Thank you very much for the feedback!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The bolt is also force matched. It lacks the serial number prefix. Nearly all refurbs like this are all force matched so that's expected
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
montana_jeepn

Post by montana_jeepn »

racerguy00 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:05 pm The bolt is also force matched. It lacks the serial number prefix. Nearly all refurbs like this are all force matched so that's expected
Great to know. Thank you!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »