Every 1911 needs a good home

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

Every 1911 needs a good home

Post by SA1911a1 »

Or at least some kind of home. Here are some of my latest home-building attempts. These are my designs, obviously a variation of a theme of one piece holsters. I am having a ball learning a new skill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Every 1911 needs a good home

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice job Steve, make sure you put your name on them as maker. If not then 50 years from now someone will be left wondering who made their favorite holster they found at a flea market someplace.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:39 am Or at least some kind of home. Here are some of my latest home-building attempts. These are my designs, obviously a variation of a theme of one piece holsters. I am having a ball learning a new skill.
A few years ago you said you didn't think you could do that. Those look great, did you buy a machine?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

SteelBP wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:53 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:39 am Or at least some kind of home. Here are some of my latest home-building attempts. These are my designs, obviously a variation of a theme of one piece holsters. I am having a ball learning a new skill.
A few years ago you said you didn't think you could do that. Those look great, did you buy a machine?
I was wondering if you got a machine too.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

No machines. Hand stitching.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I will soon have a 1937 Singer featherweight for sale, but I am not sure if it's strong enough to punch through thick leather. I could have had you a bigger Singer at one of the estate sales I did over the weekend for around a hundred bucks. That one had a wicked sharp looking needle that could probably punch through fingers.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

At this point, I am happy with hand stitching. It really slows down the process, but I am in no hurry.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum