Health Update and a PSA!

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Health Update and a PSA!

Post by ffuries »

Been bedridden again for the last few days with extreme abdominal pain, along with my pinch sciatic nerve. Barely been able to keep water down, let alone food. It's been so bad I've lost 5 pounds between last Thursday and today.

Spent too many hours in the ER today, just walked in the door a few minutes ago. I have inflammation/thickening of the stomach liner along with the intestine, and the acids are backing up into my Esophagus aggravating my Barrets Esophagus. So in other words it seems my stomach acids are having a field day.

My Protonix ran out the beginning of Dec, called my Gastroenterology Docs and left a couple messages to that effect and never heard back from them. ER Doc was a little pissed over it. Said that is likely what caused the issues I'm having, so he wrote out a new script for it and for a new medicine. Told us it'll take a few days to kick in and start working, but once it does I should start feeling better pretty quick. The scans cannot show if there is an ulcer present or not, so I'll need to follow up with my PCM, and they'll probably order a Endoscopy through my Gastroenterologist to rule that out.

Had CT Scans, X-rays, EKG, and a couple blood tests done. Other than what I mentioned above everything else looks good. Well almost until CINC Household made a startling discovery....

Right before we left the ER, CINC Household was checking for those pesky EKG stickers/tabs when she found something on my back. Apparently when using the heating pad, it appears several times my shirt must have pulled up, exposing my skin to the pad. Plus having fell asleep before I turned the pad down or off it led to a burn. When she saw it she freaked out and said that isn't fucking normal. She took a picture showed it to me, and I was freaked out by it. But they said it was a burn from the pad, and most likely from pad/skin contact. So no more pad use for me, just a hot shower for pains.

So this is my PSA for yall, don't fall asleep when using a heating pad. My back looks like an alien force has taken over it and is coursing through my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Health Update and a PSA!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, one look at that and I can think of a few people who would have put you down just on suspicion it's the zombie virus spreading. Health wise you have been a train wreck of late, and knowing this the Doctors ignore you for something like a prescription update? Unfortunately I am hearing similar story's about Florida healthcare from other sources lately. Watch your ass down there and keep away from heat pads before you end up well done and Amazon delivers a giant hot dog bun to your house.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Re: Health Update and a PSA!

Post by awalker1829 »

That doesn't look good. I've been fortunate that I've never had an issue with my psychiatrist or other docs not renewing my prescriptions in time. Only time I've ever had a prescription crisis was years ago when I somehow forgot to pack my meds on a trip. Called the doctor's office and they had the prescriptions filled that afternoon by a CVS where I was staying. Never made that mistake again.

Hope you feel well sooner rather than later.