Boyds Stock

Modern rifles and Sportsters are discussed here.

Sportsters:
We don't advocate making Sportsters from military surplus rifles. We do recognize the ones already made in years past as pieces of history and of importance (such as the Bannerman, Blindee and old custom sportsters). If you bought one, you may show it here. Discussion of how to do this kind of work is not allowed. It is contrary to our over all forum values. So please don't abuse this forum. All final decisions will be made by the Administrators and no one else please. Non permanent alterations may be shown here but keep in mind, if it is in conflict with the "spirit" of these forums, we may remove it at our discretion.
ffuries

Boyds Stock

Post by ffuries »

My son works for a moving company, the home owner found loose stock amongst his firearms and gave this to him. Hence how I ended up with it.

Have determined (I think) it's a Varmint Thumbhole Stock for Weatherby Vanguard SA Bull Barrel in laminated hardwood, 4V4331J1L110. Other than some notations (See pictures) in the barrel channel, it doesn't look like its been fitted.

I sure and hell don't have any use for it. Is there a good market for these and worth trying to sell? Prices seem to be all over the place....Or do I just shove it in the back of the closet and forget about it for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tjtM38

Re: Boyds Stock

Post by tjtM38 »

I would sell it on EBay if you are sure what specific rifle it will fit. That's looks like a quality stock. :thumbsup:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I am interested in this stock if it will fit a Weatherby Vanguard .308. PM me with a price if you don't mind. Thanks!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

millman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:26 pm I am interested in this stock if it will fit a Weatherby Vanguard .308. PM me with a price if you don't mind. Thanks!
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I've been bedridden the last few days, and just got home after several hours in the ER. Where I had CT Scans done, X-rays, EKG, and the Vampires took too damn much blood. I'll PM you soon if you are still interested.

Heading to bed as the meds are making loopy.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

ffuries wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:29 pm
millman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:26 pm I am interested in this stock if it will fit a Weatherby Vanguard .308. PM me with a price if you don't mind. Thanks!
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I've been bedridden the last few days, and just got home after several hours in the ER. Where I had CT Scans done, X-rays, EKG, and the Vampires took too damn much blood. I'll PM you soon if you are still interested.

Heading to bed as the meds are making loopy.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather. No hurry. I'm asking for my buddy, but I have been asking him some more questions about his rifle. It apparently isn't a bull barrel, so I don't know how it would work out. If it would just be an oversized free float, it might be alright. Feel better.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis