Firearm repair question

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
SA1911a1

Firearm repair question

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have a nice, older, Winchester Win Lite shotgun. (model 59) The barrel is thin steel wrapped with fiberglass. This model has replacable chokes. I have alternative chokes but I will be damned if I can get the one that has probably been on it for decades off. I am leary of soaking it in PB blaster because I do not know how it will affect the fiberglass barrel. I have the proper choke wrench and the old choke just does not respond to as much torque as I can apply. Any suggestions?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Firearm repair question

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would have the same worry, and would use it with the choke in it, or hang it up.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Put some Rem-oil or wd40 on it. Something a little less aggressive than PB blaster.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

You could try putting the barrel in the freezer overnight, and see what happens when it warms back up.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

WD-40 won't harm the finish. Either that or soak it in Kroil.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...