historian in search of a specific book

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
JustaGuy1250

historian in search of a specific book

Post by JustaGuy1250 »

Hey all,

Want to start off by saying this is my obligatory first post, i made my account to contact a guy here that mentions a book that i just cannot find any confirmation of it even existing yet i NEED to get my hands on it.

I am a historian from The Netherlands, researching Vietnamese-used weaponry and, more specifically, Chinese made firearms from 1940's to 1970's, bit into the 80's.
I've already written and published a book on the Vietnamese K-50M, which you can check out here:
Currently working on a V2 though which won't change much except add more base info on the Vietnam war and PPSh development (If you already know this, V1 is no different!)

The book i am searching for is called, translated to english, 'Chinese made military rifles 1949-1989' by Tze-Dao Chuang.
If anyone has any information on this book or knows how to get it, PLEASE let me know!!

Thanks,

J
ffuries

Re: historian in search of a specific book

Post by ffuries »

I can normally find something pretty damn easy. The English version of this book must be rare as I can't find any available or even any mention of a English version.

Sorry I can't be of any help, best of luck in your search.

Off topic side note, my mom was from Holland, the town of De Bilt to be exact.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
JustaGuy1250

Post by JustaGuy1250 »

ffuries wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:06 pm I can normally find something pretty damn easy. The English version of this book must be rare as I can't find any available or even any mention of a English version.

Sorry I can't be of any help, best of luck in your search.

Off topic side note, my mom was from Holland, the town of De Bilt to be exact.
That's the thing, an english version doesn't exist as claimed by the person that, in 2014, mentioned this book once.
I've contacted that user who's, surprisingly, still active on this forum to this very day! Let's hope we get a response!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Hello justaguy1250, the member here that talked about that book was yiping (forum name) not sure of real name. They were last active here on this forum in 2019. Did a few searches here on his profile and came up with this name - Yun Dan Feng Qing. Not sure if they are the same person as yiping but you might check it out.

Regards
Redspoon
JustaGuy1250

Post by JustaGuy1250 »

redspoon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:48 pm Hello justaguy1250, the member here that talked about that book was yiping (forum name) not sure of real name. They were last active here on this forum in 2019. Did a few searches here on his profile and came up with this name - Yun Dan Feng Qing. Not sure if they are the same person as yiping but you might check it out.

Regards
Redspoon
oh, i thought it was you that spoke of it, i even mailed you about it hah!
seems like i misread the comments there, thanks for pointing that one out!