Back with the living.....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Back with the living.....

Post by ffuries »

It was either the 26 or 27 Dec, helping CINC Household straighten up around here and I screwed my back again, plus my neck this time. It was bad enough for me wish death, couldn't stand up straight, couldn't get out of bed without assistance and the pinched nerve in my neck was enough, that I could barely use my arm.

Been pretty much bed ridden since then. Today was the first time I was able to get up and around on my own. Still hurting like a son of gun, but I'm moving, might be slow, but I'm moving. Nice to be able to taper off of the meds again. Well going to go take a hot ass shower, and see if I can't stretch some of these links out.....oh and wash the dust off!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Back with the living.....

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Health wise you were a regular shit magnet last year, lets hope for improvement in 2024. Of course given the national and world situation everything else will go to shit, but hopefully you will be healthy and pain free enough to be able to watch it all happen.

It's hard to put the brakes on, something I have been learning for the last few years after a lifetime of constant activity. You know the shit you do that's likely to result in things like what you are just coming out of, we always know. Next time before you are about to embark on some project you know you shouldn't be doing stop and remember the pain, agony, suffering, pleading with death that you just endured, and then don't do whatever stupid shit you were about to do. Sit down, pet the dogs, fire up a good cigar and relax.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Re: Back with the living.....

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:05 pm Health wise you were a regular shit magnet last year, lets hope for improvement in 2024. Of course given the national and world situation everything else will go to shit, but hopefully you will be healthy and pain free enough to be able to watch it all happen.

It's hard to put the brakes on, something I have been learning for the last few years after a lifetime of constant activity. You know the shit you do that's likely to result in things like what you are just coming out of, we always know. Next time before you are about to embark on some project you know you shouldn't be doing stop and remember the pain, agony, suffering, pleading with death that you just endured, and then don't do whatever stupid shit you were about to do. Sit down, pet the dogs, fire up a good cigar and relax.
True so true, but it's getting to the point that what I did 5 months ago with no issues, kicks my ass now. Example with the GERD, just walking down to the mailbox or taking the garbage can down to or up from the road, will cause the acids to slosh around and up. Giving me a major case of Acid Reflux.

The act of just pulling the sheet and quilt straight when making the bed, was enough to tweak my back at the beginning of Dec. Hell some months back, I rolled over in my sleep and woke up because I tweaked my back.

Aging isn't for sissies that is for sure......bad part is I'm still in my flipping 50s, just turned 57 back on 16 Dec. So too damn young to be this damn broken!

CINC Household has threatened to put me in a padded suit, inside of a bubble, in a padded room. That way I can't get hurt anymore.....!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member