M91/30 PE, Percentage Correct or Importer Cobbled

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Signalboss

M91/30 PE, Percentage Correct or Importer Cobbled

Post by Signalboss »

Good morning, everyone!
I picked this Mosin up back in 2008 because I wanted a PE Sniper and S.O.G. was selling them for a decent price. I've always doubted the correctness but really didn't care that much due to the price. Now I'm wondering how correct the rifle really is, I believe I can see the sniper stamp on the right side of the 1943 receiver, but then again, I might just be wishing it there. I believe the scope mount is correct, just not a WWII series mount. I believe the Scope is one from the 1970's due to the serial number N4-44276. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone had a good New Year!

Thanks again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: M91/30 PE, Percentage Correct or Importer Cobbled

Post by Darryl »

Scope is a reproduction/Fake
Mount is a reproduction/Fake
Receiver is too rough and no scope numbers on the side of the barrel shank
Stock doesn't look "right" either

Reproduction.

And, they were PU snipers, not PE.

Darryl
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Thanks for the correction, not sure where I came up with PE. Kinda what I thought, like I said the price was right back them. I did strip the varnish off the stock and refinished it. Thanks for your input.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The stock refinishing part would put a nice dent in the rifles resale value had it been the real thing as collectors tend to frown on that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt