Well boys, it is New Years Eve again

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Well boys, it is New Years Eve again

Post by SA1911a1 »

And I have to make the decision as to whether to go out, get drunk and disorderly, pinch someone else's wife, and drive home with one eye closed to avoid seeing double, or going to bed by 10:00 as I have for the last 30 years. It is a tough decision.

I have nothing to complaint about 2023, I started it and it looks like I have a fair chance of finishing it.

Happy New Years, folks!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Well boys, it is New Years Eve again

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Happy New Year Steve :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:35 pm Happy New Year Steve :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Thank You, Jim, and you too!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Well, crap, an old friend just called me to tell me that another friend was found about three days dead in his home. Danny was one of the brigtest, and most clever people I have ever known. He could do anything and do it well. He was always good for a laugh. The man found it easy to make money, and made enough of it to burn wet elepahants. What he didn't have was somebody. He had married young, made one baby, then the marriage fell apart. His problem may have been that he was too damn smart; few people could keep up with him. He was a recreational pilot and was in the process of building an airplane and a chopper...I guess he won't be finishing them.

He had been living alone for the last 35 years that I know of. Our mutual friend had kept in contact with him and said that over the last year he had been depressed, and was drinking heavily. I hadn't talked to him in about six months. So he croaked all alone an probably in a stupor. It is a damn shame, He should have had another couple of decades to go.

Rest in Peace Danny. There are people who will miss you.

(sorry guys I needed to get it off my chest before I crash for the night)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

I lost another good friend two weeks ago, he was a Vietnam vet and lived alone. He could do anything related to building and taught me tile work. He had some weird issue from agent orange, made him nauseous bad once or twice a month. He was in the VA getting checked over and had a massive heart attack, they couldn't revive him.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Hoping 2024 is a better year for me.
We lost out Daughter (age 47) in July and nothing has been the same since.

Darryl