Cz82 recoil

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jhondo

Cz82 recoil

Post by Jhondo »

First shots out of a cz82 resulted in surprisingly stiff recoil in the web of my hand. Empties were sailing about 20'.
Wondering if a new recoil spring is in order.
tjtM38

Re: Cz82 recoil

Post by tjtM38 »

The 9x18 Makarov is about the most powerful cartridge the Soviets could put in a straight blowback action. Believe me, it's even worse recoil in the single stack PM-53 Makarov pistol with standard bakelite or plastic grip. I would not chage the recoil spring unless you are having problems with extraction, ejection or magazine feed. If the pistol is running smoothly with the factory strength spring, leave it as is. I have owned a couple of CZ-82's and they are great pistols. I consider the CZ-82 superior to the Russian PM-53 and other Makarov variants, however it is a bit more intricate and can be finicky depending on the ammo you use. As far as the recoil, get some good shooting gloves and deal with it. My two cents. :2cents:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Mine is the same way.

Darryl
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

It is what it is. For a true 9x18 recoil experience one should shoot a Polish P-64. The muzzle flip on those are a hoot...
Threadkiller extraordinaire...