Rarest & most uncommon Mosin Nagant in your Collection

Post your model specific Mosin here!
Genetically Swiss

Re: Rarest & most uncommon Mosin Nagant in your Collection

Post by Genetically Swiss »

My rarest is my currently only one. My Finnish P-26, serial number 6592. I’m gonna have to take pictures one of these days.

GS
"He who shoots first laughs last."

-Lebed-
Matt556

Post by Matt556 »

BB wrote:I only have three Mosins so as embarrassing as it is probably my 91/59.... It's my first Mil/Surplus as well...

Most on this forum would love to own a 91/59. You just bought yours early!
Bufford

Post by Bufford »

It's probably my 1937 Finnish M27, estate sale bought from a collector of many Mosins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superduck996

Post by superduck996 »

1933 m27 pl marked. Apparently this is the 5th example of a pl found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superduck996

Post by superduck996 »

Nowhere near as rare as the fin, but the story is interesting. Sold from Russia to Egypt after the war. Ended up in Syrian hands then captured by the Israelis. If only this rifle could talk!
MongooseLaw

Post by MongooseLaw »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:31 pm Mine would probably be my 1911 Izhevsk M-91 barrel in a 1895 Tula receiver, with both logos on the barrel shank along with a Serbian property mark, in a stock with the German Deutches Reich capture mark. It has the Russian eagles pinged out, or it would be a doozy.
I have an SA marked 1911 Izhevsk M91 on an 1895 Tula receiver...also has that circle B mark towards the right side of barrel shank. Interesting....will post pics soon
ak_milsurp

Post by ak_milsurp »

Hmm

1950 Dated Izhevsk 91/30 (yes 1950)

1891 dated 91/38 (1891 dated, Izhevsk marked-- Certainly the earliest dated Mosin in my collection, and the earliest I've ever seen)

1953 Dated Hungarian 52M Mosin Sniper. (Pristine... looks new, im "02" marked in Beech stock, with Hungarian manufactured PU Mount and PU Scope)
MajMike

Post by MajMike »

On the way from the seller, a Remington M91 which I believe was given /sold to the Finns and is wearing one of their stocks. I'll know more when I get her and strip her down.
"Honor is a gift one gives to oneself." Rob Roy
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

:worthless:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Raven2020

Post by Raven2020 »

I have 3 mosins but the rarest and uncommon would be my Romainian M44 Carbine. Its a Single Digit serial numbered gun , numbers matching except for the butt plate
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Mine has to be my newly acquired all matching 1917 Remington with German ersatz bayonet adapter......
_20200718_154817.JPG
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

This one has a lot of rare/uncommon stuff going on. First off, it was a 1918 dated Tula M91. Any 1918 dated M91 from a Russian factory (Sestroretsk, Izhevsk, or Tula) is rare. I can count the number I've seen from any of these factories on one hand. Second, this rifle would have been made after the Tzar was gone--yet, the rifle still has the Imperial eagles. Third, the rifle has been reworked into a 91/30 rifle. I've only seen a handful of 91/30s that were made from M91 rifles. The "bP" on the barrel indicates that it was a factory reject.

You can see where the original rifle's barrel was shortened and a new piece welded on. Also, the rear sight base was welded on. For some reason, I only have the auction photo that shows the barrel weld.
Mosin Fanboy
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

That is a very interesting one willy.....plenty of history to it and love the worn "been there, done that" look, very nice indeed :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Much History, the shim under the front sight appears to be pure gold.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:37 am Much History, the shim under the front sight appears to be pure gold.
The front sight was loose when I bought this. Judging by the overall condition, I'm going to guess that the rifle did not have a front sight when it was imported, and the previous owner installed a sight. This sight was very loose, so I trimmed a piece of brass from a fired case and used it as a shim. The dovetail in the front sight base might be damaged; I'm not sure.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

1928 Dragoon. All original factory matching. Stock has the original finish. Duffle cut forend. The only thing missing was the cleaning rod (it came with a Mauser cleaning rod). Using a spare rod as a holder.
Rifle is not Finnish marked, and has no import markings. So, it somehow missed the 1930s upgrades and made its way to the U.S.
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Brought back by an American volunteer who fought for the Spanish Republicans during the Spanish Civil War maybe?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Very possible.
Mosin Fanboy