Nagant revolvr info help

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
edteach

Nagant revolvr info help

Post by edteach »

I have a friend who inherited some guns and needs help selling them. Some I know but others like this Nagant revolver I have no idea. Seems from what I can find out they very depending on factory and of course condition. This was one of those imported guns back in the late 90s early 2000s. Came with a lanyard, holster cleaning rod and the gun. Any help in getting an idea of value would be appreciated.
DSC09467.JPG
DSC09466.JPG
DSC09465.JPG
DSC09464.JPG
DSC09463.JPG
DSC09462.JPG
DSC09461.JPG
DSC09460.JPG
DSC09459.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racerguy00

Re: Nagant revolvr info help

Post by racerguy00 »

Imperial era but heavily refurbed. The seem to be bringing around 400 these days. Less if selling to a dealer for resale.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I think it is a Tula manufacture, but the sideplate is so heavily worn or sanded, I can't make out the year it was produced. :?
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Looking back I wish I purchased a Nagant Revolver back when the prices where better, as with a lot of other surplus guns.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Tula44 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:54 pm a
Looking back I wish I purchased a Nagant Revolver back when the prices where better, as with a lot of other surplus guns.
I hear you; guess you can't have everything. I was fortunate to purchase two M1895 Nagants from AIM Surplus about six years ago and was happy to get them at &169.95 each. Back then I thought that was high, but you can't find them anymore, and when you do, they are $400 and above. Mine are refurbs; nothing special, but glad to have them. Taking one to the range on Friday to shoot military surplus ammo. They are challenging revolvers because of the crude sights and the horrendous trigger pull.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

tjtM38 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:10 pm
Tula44 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:54 pm a
I hear you; guess you can't have everything. I was fortunate to purchase two M1895 Nagants from AIM Surplus about six years ago and was happy to get them at &169.95 each. Back then I thought that was high, but you can't find them anymore, and when you do, they are $400 and above. Mine are refurbs; nothing special, but glad to have them. Taking one to the range on Friday to shoot military surplus ammo. They are challenging revolvers because of the crude sights and the horrendous trigger pull.
Man, they really climbed in value. Several years from now I’ll be saying I wish I picked one up for $400 when they’re selling for +$600 hahah.