Severe Weather....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Severe Weather....

Post by ffuries »

We've been in Severe Thunderstorms warnings, Tornado warnings, Hail warnings. Golf ball size hail has fallen, there's been at least 3 tornadoes, and of course severe winds, rains, and winds, along with lots of lightning and thunder.

News just stated 2 or 3 more water spouts moving ashore with the possibility of becoming tornadoes.

Basically this will be what we will be dealing with through the weekend.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Re: Severe Weather....

Post by ffuries »

Couple more tornadoes have developed, phone keeps blowing up with weather alerts. One skirted right past us.

Don't know how this weather will affect Steve aka SA1911a1's area, but the radar does show some of it moving over his neck of the woods. So be safe and keep your head down Steve.

We've had some power fluxes, severe rain, severe winds, severe thunder and lightening. Sort of quiet right now, which is kind of eerie.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

With all the projects you and wifey have recently completed, I am hoping you are spared..

hunker down.........
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

We just got our second Tornado warning this afternoon. This one was located about two miles from my house, but seems to be moving away. Earlier My Brother's inlaws got a close miss and the local community got good bit of damage. The bad weather is expected for about four more hours.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

My brother's house on the North side of Tallahassee just took a lick. He just called and said he has downed trees all over his yard and on his roof. He lost his screened porch and said he has a yard full of shingles. He and his wife were hiding under a dining room table. It has been a nasty afternoon.
As I am typing they are showing two tornados on radar about 50 miles to my East. 2 3/4" of rain since about 3:00. It seems to be calming down a bit over my way.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:52 pm My brother's house on the North side of Tallahassee just took a lick. He just called and said he has downed trees all over his yard and on his roof. He lost his screened porch and said he has a yard full of shingles. He and his wife were hiding under a dining room table. It has been a nasty afternoon.
As I am typing they are showing two tornados on radar about 50 miles to my East. 2 3/4" of rain since about 3:00. It seems to be calming down a bit over my way.
Glad to hear you made it through relatively unscathed. Sorry to hear about your brother, if yall or he needs anything let me know.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Snakes, Lizards and tornados .... not to mention the odd hurricane and you guys laugh at our winters. :lol:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:00 pm Snakes, Lizards and tornados .... not to mention the odd hurricane and you guys laugh at our winters. :lol:
Hey I've dealt with that white stuff that falls from the sky...and had some fun and not so fun times in it.

Dec 2001 coming back Masirah Island, Oman (90° and 80% humidity) we flew into Gander Newfoundland, where it was below 0° and the snow was coming down sideways. That was a shock to the system after being on a desert island.

Mar 1987 Fairchild AFB, Washington. USAF Combat Survival School, snow in the mountains was 2-3 feet deep during our 6 day survival exercise, 3 days of survival and navigation and 3 days of evasion. Sleeping in a sleeping bag under a parachute panel shelter doesn't keep the snow off of you, and good gawd almighty was it cold. Navigating in damn near whiteout conditions at night just plain sucks and is damn near impossible.

Plus living in Germany for 8 years and Idaho for 2 years, lots of snow. I might be Florida boy by birth, but I know enough about snow, to want to stay away from it! :thumbsup:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Snow? What's that? We saw very little of it this winter, works for me as I hate having to clean it up afterward. Good luck with the twisters.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt