We lost our cat.....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

We lost our cat.....

Post by ffuries »

Bob, our black bobbed tail cat, passed about 30 minutes ago. He's had a couple seizures over the last 3 years. Earlier he had a good meal of turkey, was acting normal, went up stairs for a nap. He came down stairs acting normal, then 1O minutes later he meowed a few times and passed.

Buried him in his blanket, with his mouse with catnip sprinkled in with him.

Bob with his body guards or his minions never figured it out.
Bob guarding or staking out the bird bath.
Bob acting like he owns the bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tjtM38

Re: We lost our cat.....

Post by tjtM38 »

I have a bob-tail cat; we simply name her Bob. She is an outdoor cat and a hunter; not even sure why we feed her, because she kills many small animals in our yard. When the weather gets bad, she will come inside and find a soft spot; sleeping for hours on end. Our pets become part of our family and we hate to see them pass away. Sorry you lost yours. :|
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sorry to hear it, at one time I had many all black cats like Bob. 30 some years later I have mostly calicos, They rate higher with me than most people do. The fastest way to meet Jesus is to harm any of my little friends.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:09 pm Sorry to hear it, at one time I had many all black cats like Bob. 30 some years later I have mostly calicos, They rate higher with me than most people do. The fastest way to meet Jesus is to harm any of my little friends.
My buddy that has the scrapyard and machine shop has probably 20 that stay out in the metal, you have to walk on cat food cans to get in the entrance.There is a gray one that picks a fight with me and climbs on my shoulders every time I'm there. I keep an old canvas jacket in my truck to put on if I need metal.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The yard has ten feral cats plus some tame with me shop cats and my own three that answer only to me. The feral colony were all captured and fixed last year with the assistance of a county program. Shots and all paid for by a state grant so that ended the yearly plague of new kittens. I feed the Feral's, it was a last request of my late employer that they be looked after.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Sorry to hear about your buddy. I have a bobtail (Manx) cat that was a very young feral kitten my mom took in when she lived here that's about 16 years old. They have medical issues mostly related to the genetic defect that causes them to have little to no tail but that's mostly related to their kidneys and hip joints. We had two but his brother developed kidney issues when he was about two and we had to put him down. This one has been going through spells where he just decides to not move around or do much but usually gets past it in a few days. The first time it happened a few months ago I took him to the vet and they said he was healthy for his age. Even his blood work came back all within acceptable limits. He did however come back positive for FIV (Feline Aids). He's been an inside cat for over 10 years since he came back in one night with a swelled up leg from a copperhead bite. I also have 4 others, one inside and 3 inside/outside cats that are all from a litter a feral mother left here about 3 years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Bob was 14 almost 15 when he passed. He came from a litter that a stray cat had in our garage, in fact we had 3 strays show up and drop litters in our garage. He had a good life, was spoiled beyond words.

Miss the furball, I swear I hear him at times in the house, IE tapping at the door to go in the garage or to come in from the garage. Or thundering around the upstairs acting like he was on crack or something. I've actually gone upstairs to investigate and found nothing/no one up there.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

ffuries wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:10 pm Bob was 14 almost 15 when he passed. He came from a litter that a stray cat had in our garage, in fact we had 3 strays show up and drop litters in our garage. He had a good life, was spoiled beyond words.

Miss the furball, I swear I hear him at times in the house, IE tapping at the door to go in the garage or to come in from the garage. Or thundering around the upstairs acting like he was on crack or something. I've actually gone upstairs to investigate and found nothing/no one up there.
They do grow on you. I was never really much of a cat person and now I have 5, 2 indoor and 3 indoor/outdoor. Like I said I inherited him and when the feral mom brought the other 4 up as little kittens I fed her and them because it was November and was cold as hell outside. the mother had been around here for about a year but always stayed out by the haybarn and hunted. I never saw her with kittens until about a year before these were born she showed up with one kitten that was maybe 2 or three months old. My neighbor also has one from this litter. that got left over at her place for some reason. The mother was full feral and would hardly let me near them, she'd hiss and growl at me when I put food out. Then she started relaxing a bit until around the time she weened them. She would rub my leg like they do and I could even pet her a bit but them she bit me one day. I didn't pay it much mind and decided to not try to pet her but then a week later she was rubbing my leg and when I tried walking away she attacked my foot and I was wearing flipflops. That was it. I ran her off. She came back a few months later pregnant again and then she wasn't but I never saw any kittens so something probably got them.
I decided the kittens I had here who were a few months old by this time were going to be a part of the program around here. I needed to get them fixed because I had two feral males coming up here and one was mounting one of the females. One was real friendly and let me pick her up so she was the easiest to catch and take to the vet. She became an inside cat, a friend for my old dude in the house. The other female ended up getting pregnant before I could catch her to take her to the vet and had a litter of 4 that she abandoned. She was still just a kitten herself. Plus the older feral males were attacking the other male kittens and tearing them up bad on top of breeding the female outside so they had to go. Everyone is fixed now. A few other feral males showed up and started fighting with the male kittens but this was like a year later and the one, Butch, had grown up and now could fight back and he can take care of himself. He's a brute but he loves me, that's a fact. He comes in at night late in the morning and eithers on a blanket in the house or on my bed, where he is right now. The one feral male that was attacking them I called the Demon Cat disappeared sometime last year. I wondered what happened to him and then the neighbors dogs found the dried up carcass and dragged it up in to the yard. From the looks of it it'd been dead for a long time. So I still have one persistent feral male that's still coming around and pissing on things with that rank unfixed male spray and trying to start trouble but I just sick Butch on him. I've been trying to get rid of him for over a year but he's tricky and disappears when I show up outside. This is Butch in his favorite spot on my bed. In the background is is sister Daisy with Mr. B next to her. Butch is a big cat but he's the most calm even tempered and trusting of all 5 of them them all. Well Mr. B is pretty trusting and he actually comes when I call him.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shop or yard cats Slinky-Calico, Sylvester- black and white tux, Grim- fuzzy orange and white, Fire-larger orange and white I have one other but the pictures aren't with me right now, the inside cat, Patches
Theodore Roosevelt