Antler hangers

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
steelbuttplate

Antler hangers

Post by steelbuttplate »

How do ya think these would do on eBay ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Antler hangers

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The guns would bring good money on eBay until someone realized they were real. You might sell antlers on etsy, or eBay, but you would be selling to others who likely hunt, and can get their own antlers. Your listing would be giving them all ideas except for the most lazy who would rather pay you for them than make anything themselves.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:12 pm The guns would bring good money on eBay until someone realized they were real. You might sell antlers on etsy, or eBay, but you would be selling to others who likely hunt, and can get their own antlers. Your listing would be giving them all ideas except for the most lazy who would rather pay you for them than make anything themselves.
There not just antler tips they are ready to use hangers, you pilot a 1/8 hole and screw em in.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:18 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:12 pm The guns would bring good money on eBay until someone realized they were real. You might sell antlers on etsy, or eBay, but you would be selling to others who likely hunt, and can get their own antlers. Your listing would be giving them all ideas except for the most lazy who would rather pay you for them than make anything themselves.
There not just antler tips they are ready to use hangers, you pilot a 1/8 hole and screw em in.
I did the same kind of thing with a pair of small points I mounted the two to a small strip of stiff leather, about three inches apart, and poked them through (from the inside) of my ball cap. It was an attention getter to say the least. People who know me just said that it was about right.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:08 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:18 am
I did the same kind of thing with a pair of small points I mounted the two to a small strip of stiff leather, about three inches apart, and poked them through (from the inside) of my ball cap. It was an attention getter to say the least. People who know me just said that it was about right.
I wore one of those to town one time. An old man that had went to prison for friggin a goat saw me and said "Hey you might be my son." :facepalm1:
jasonjuliusgp7google

Post by jasonjuliusgp7google »

Tell me any good reasons that forced me to an old revolver instead of buying the new model.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jasonjuliusgp7google wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:20 am

Tell me any good reasons that forced me to an old revolver instead of buying the new model.
How would I know? You got no money to spend or are just too cheap to spend it? It was your Daddys, and you carry it for sentimental reasons?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Not a thing wrong with an old revolver if it's been taken care of. I was looking for a model 15 when I found the K38 made in '51 that I ended up buying