1957 Chinese SKS with rack number

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ZachW

1957 Chinese SKS with rack number

Post by ZachW »

Has anyone ever seen this. Just curious of the possible origin of this gun. The guy I purchased it from had it over 10 years but thinks he got it right after import as it was covered in cosmoline. All the numbers match so I believe it is original to the gun. Just never seen rack numbers on a surplus SKS before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Re: 1957 Chinese SKS with rack number

Post by steelbuttplate »

Albania bought thousands of these from China,they got carried a lot but used little. I don't know any other examples with rack numbers.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
OLD OUTLAW

Re: 1957 Chinese SKS with rack number

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Some of these Chinese SKS were sold to Egypt. Eventually sold on the world market and some ended up here. Same with some originally sent to Syria. Israeli captures sent else where perhaps. But a rack number has turned up on a few of them. Just another possibility.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!