mineral spirits disposal

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

Re: mineral spirits disposal

Post by SA1911a1 »

If I wanted to get rid of mineral spirits without burning it, I would take it to the local recycle center. If there is a Safety-Kleen dealer nearby, they will probably take it. The reprocess mineral spirits over and over for parts cleaners.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Mosey

Post by Mosey »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:50 am Get caught pouring waste oils on the ground here ( it could show up in our six times a year ground water runoff test) and massive fines and jail would be the result. Do not pollute the environment, there are poisons that can be used for insects that work better than oils, or just pour molten aluminum into the nest and sell the....sculpture.. on eBay to some Hollywood shitbag for fifty grand.
I just want to post this again in case anyone looking to dispose of anything toxic missed it. 100% accurate. What goes in the ground goes into the water. Don't pollute! :soapbox:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: MOSEY :bs.gif:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

You could take it to a company like Safety-Kleen. They re-refine it and sell it for reuse.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I've actually thought about trying to filter the grease out of it leaving relatively decent mineral sprits behind. Haven't tried it yet
genin88

Post by genin88 »

Just burn it in a controlled fire as everyone else does when it becomes unusable.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

genin88 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 am Just burn it in a controlled fire as everyone else does when it becomes unusable.
In California, that will get you a pretty big fine! :chuckles:

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Start the fire, pour it on, stand well away from it so you can claim it wasn't your fire should the Gestapo show up.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt