Westinghouse - Mint - Factory Fresh - Never Fired

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Homer2

Re: Westinghouse - Mint - Factory Fresh - Never Fired

Post by Homer2 »

Well worth the price. Not everyone will have a mint M91.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

martin08 wrote:This gun created a small stir on Gunboards, when the final auction price was revealed.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... urved+logo

It was highly misunderstood, and I hope that I pointed out why it is so significant. It is far from a usual New England Westinghouse. It's one that should have been shipped to Russia, as the contract was still valid at the time of its manufacture. It is not a US Surcharged production, as most that are in that condition are seen. Instead, it is possibly of the most rare NEW offerings to own.

Worth every penny.
There is another type thread on one close to this that just sold. If a mint Polish carbine is worth $500 nowadays I'd say it's an ok price for something much older and with more history.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Brian the Brit wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Cool, when you see something like this it's not the rifle I wonder about, we know what it is, who made it and why. What I wonder about is who bought it, and stored it away for the 90 years in such a way that it did not rust. Why they did it, and how.

Very Very Nice Rifle :thumbsup:

I have a friend back in England that has one of the Last Triumph Bonneville's ever made in Meriden ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Engineering ) And It has never been out of the Box , He opens the side of the Box and cleans It and sprays It with some rust stopper , The Tires are off and kept separate .

Very Strange I think , and I bet he is not the only one , Bike must be worth a fortune now :ani-pop:

;mywink;
I have a Enfield Mo4 MKII that is arsenal new in the wrap, never been out of the wrap, and going to stay that way :)
:kilgo: We wonder how many other "Safe Queens" that JYD may be harboring :twisted:
He needs to bring them out into the light and allows us, if not to touch just appreciate them :pop: :pop: :pop:
The "cat(s)" cannot appreciate them more than we can... :soapbox:
mbuckley52

Post by mbuckley52 »

Sweet

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

WOW This is the best looking new england westinghouse that i have ever seen.. congradulations..
I have one also..
I have a question.. Mine has a cleaning rod that has a spiral tip. I have been told that the straignt line tip that you have is remington? I am not an expert.. can you or someone out there, help me with which one is correct.

Jimbo
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

This is a resurrection of an old post
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Is this the rifle that Pet My Mosin owned?
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ten years ago, hopefully it's still as nice today as it was back then.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Holy thread resurrection Batman! I like it though. Looking back through old posts can net you a wealth of good information and great pictures