TISAS 1911

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

TISAS 1911

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've got one of these coming tomorrow. They are getting great reviews. Hitchcock 45 has a video on them. Great deal, $405 shipped from Bud's guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Re: TSAIS 1911

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have only heard good stuff about them. The thing is that CNC machines don't know what country they are working in. I haven't had a Tsais, but the Rock Islands that I had, in the past, were, as tools, as good as the Springfields and Colts; just not as pretty.

That pic make it look very nice!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:00 pm I have only heard good stuff about them. The thing is that CNC machines don't know what country they are working in. I haven't had a Tsais, but the Rock Islands that I had, in the past, were, as tools, as good as the Springfields and Colts; just not as pretty.

How do you carry these, hammer down on a round in the chamber ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:00 pm I have only heard good stuff about them. The thing is that CNC machines don't know what country they are working in. I haven't had a Tsais, but the Rock Islands that I had, in the past, were, as tools, as good as the Springfields and Colts; just not as pretty.

I have carried a 1911 for over twenty years. Chambered, cocked with the safety on.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It isn't the CNC machines that would worry me, but rather the quality of the steel used. I remember all the soft M14's from the peoples republic some years back. Who knows, but at least it's cheap enough if something goes bad you don't take it in the ass too badly. These are Philippians? I think I handled a shotgun made there years back, but otherwise I have no information specific to that country's guns good or bad. You carry these in condition one, round in chamber, hammer back, safety locked. There isn't any way to safely drop the hammer down with the chamber loaded on a 1911, one little slip and you have a nice ND.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

From my Taurus PT1911 Owner's Manual.

"Condition 1: Magazine full, round in the chamber, full cock and safety on. Known as "cocked and locked" the pistol is in the most ready condition. The pistol will fire when the firearm is gripped in hand, the manual safety is flipped off and the trigger is pulled.

Condition 2: Magazine full, round in chamber, hammer down, safety off. In this condition, the manual safety cannot be engaged. The pistol will fire when the firearm is gripped in the hand, the hammer is cocked and the trigger is pulled.

Condition 3: Magazine full, chamber empty, hammer down and safety off. In this condition the safety cannot be engaged. The pistol will fire when gripped in the hand, the slide is pulled to the rear and released to chamber a round, and the trigger is pulled."

So, the choice is yours; whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally, I am comfortable with Condition 1: cocked and locked
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:00 pm It isn't the CNC machines that would worry me, but rather the quality of the steel used. I remember all the soft M14's from the peoples republic some years back. Who knows, but at least it's cheap enough if something goes bad you don't take it in the ass too badly. These are Philippians? I think I handled a shotgun made there years back, but otherwise I have no information specific to that country's guns good or bad. You carry these in condition one, round in chamber, hammer back, safety locked. There isn't any way to safely drop the hammer down with the chamber loaded on a 1911, one little slip and you have a nice ND.
They are made in Turkey, and I think assembled in Knoxville TN. People that know and have 1911's say they are good quality, tight, and accurate.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:15 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:00 pm It isn't the CNC machines that would worry me, but rather the quality of the steel used. I remember all the soft M14's from the peoples republic some years back. Who knows, but at least it's cheap enough if something goes bad you don't take it in the ass too badly. These are Philippians? I think I handled a shotgun made there years back, but otherwise I have no information specific to that country's guns good or bad. You carry these in condition one, round in chamber, hammer back, safety locked. There isn't any way to safely drop the hammer down with the chamber loaded on a 1911, one little slip and you have a nice ND.
They are made in Turkey, and I think assembled in Knoxville TN. People that know and have 1911's say they are good quality, tight, and accurate.
I have a lot of Turk Mausers, and never had any problems with them. Some did complain back in the day that the Turk made receivers tend to stretch more than the German ones did, this was likely due to the hotter loaded 8mm the Turks used.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Excellent Pistol!!! I've had my Tisas for a while now & it has performed flawlessly.... Eats all the ammo I feed it including all Hollow-points.

your gonna love it. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
1911 Tisas A1 Army Box FORUM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Rongo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:45 am Excellent Pistol!!! I've had my Tisas for a while now & it has performed flawlessly.... Eats all the ammo I feed it including all Hollow-points.

Your right I LUV it. 15 rounds no issues, just got it today. The rifling reminds me of a Walther .32 I had. Rongo did yours come with walnut and plastic grips.?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You stopped at only 15 rounds? That would be me just getting the barrel warmed up with the 1911.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:49 am You stopped at only 15 rounds? That would be me just getting the barrel warmed up with the 1911.
Yea I've got ammo ordered, somebody gave me half a box. Hitchcock 45 complained about the sights, but I can see these better than my Tokarev or the old Beretta 92.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

It's certainly a good-looking pistol. I love the military-style finish; really make's it authentic. Time to stock up on ammo!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

tjtM38 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:04 pm

From my Taurus PT1911 Owner's Manual.

"Condition 1: Magazine full, round in the chamber, full cock and safety on. Known as "cocked and locked" the pistol is in the most ready condition. The pistol will fire when the firearm is gripped in hand, the manual safety is flipped off and the trigger is pulled.

Condition 2: Magazine full, round in chamber, hammer down, safety off. In this condition, the manual safety cannot be engaged. The pistol will fire when the firearm is gripped in the hand, the hammer is cocked and the trigger is pulled.

Condition 3: Magazine full, chamber empty, hammer down and safety off. In this condition the safety cannot be engaged. The pistol will fire when gripped in the hand, the slide is pulled to the rear and released to chamber a round, and the trigger is pulled."

So, the choice is yours; whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally, I am comfortable with Condition 1: cocked and locked
What about adding to Condition 2: Hammer in half cock. It would be adding another safety wouldn't it, and know your gonna cock it anyway.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Very nice "clean" look.

Darryl
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

[/quote]
What about adding to Condition 2: Hammer in half cock. It would be adding another safety wouldn't it, and know your gonna cock it anyway.
[/quote]

I guess you could modify the condition in that way, but trusting a hammer notch as a safety is not something I have ever been willing to do.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

tjtM38 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:07 am
[/quote]

I guess you could modify the condition in that way, but trusting a hammer notch as a safety is not something I have ever been willing to do.
[/quote]

Is it less safe that having the hammer down on a round ? Seems more safe to me. The real reason for me is it's easier to cock when you draw. For my thumb it's a long reach to fully cock it.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:47 pm
Rongo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:45 am Excellent Pistol!!! I've had my Tisas for a while now & it has performed flawlessly.... Eats all the ammo I feed it including all Hollow-points.

Your right I LUV it. 15 rounds no issues, just got it today. The rifling reminds me of a Walther .32 I had. Rongo did yours come with walnut and plastic grips.?
No... Mine came with just the plastic grips. I did change them out to the ones on it currently as they were more GI correct.
1911 Tisas A1 Army A2.jpg
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:29 am
[/quote]

Is it less safe that having the hammer down on a round ? Seems more safe to me. The real reason for me is it's easier to cock when you draw. For my thumb it's a long reach to fully cock it.
[/quote]

This might explain it better than I can:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/con ... fe-or-not/
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:29 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is whatever you are most comfortable with. Some people won't carry with a round chambered. I am happy just depending on the manual safety, the grip safety and finger off the trigger. If you have the manual safety on, and at half cock, that means you have to cock the hammer and release the safety, not that much time, but it complicates it a bit, two tasks to do with one thumb; one more thing to flub in a jam.

Most people that carry the 1911 will carry it cocked and locked.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum