Headspace Gauge Source ?

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
JoeR

Headspace Gauge Source ?

Post by JoeR »

I have either misplaced or flat out lost my 7.62 Okie Headspace Gauge. :b sad: :oops: :redfaced: I found my .303 but the 7.62 wasn't with it. So the only way to find it is to buy a new one. Now my problem, I tried doing a search on headspace gauge and got over 700 returns. So I have to bother the readership, is there a board approved source for headspace gauges that sells them here or elsewhere ? Any help appreciated. :)

JoeR
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Headspace Gauge Source ?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am told nobody is making this gauge, Okie passed away and the fire guy who was copying him seems to also be gone. I did see some Soviet bullet type gauges for sale on eBay the other day. You would have to remove the extractor to use these.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Thanks Boss. I knew that Okie passed some time back. :vsad: His products were so simple even I could use them. Maybe I'll find mine someday. I used it on all of my M-N but my pre 1900 unit hasn't been checked. Figure it better be checked out of all of them.

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:10 pm I am told nobody is making this gauge, Okie passed away and the fire guy who was copying him seems to also be gone. I did see some Soviet bullet type gauges for sale on eBay the other day. You would have to remove the extractor to use these.
CavemanSteve

Post by CavemanSteve »

PM sent
JoeR

Post by JoeR »