Bungroper

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
steelbuttplate

Bungroper

Post by steelbuttplate »

Anybody that tried to sell on GB, this has went on for years for me. If you let a No rating person bid , you have a less that 50% chance of getting paid. You can stay on top of the auction and block NR bids, but they usually get the price of the rifle up to a decent price. I wonder if some of it is anti gunners getting on GB for a one time hoot and also mire the process. The fees are getting sucky too. I've given over a dozen -Neg. feedback on their first buy.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
qz2026

Re: Bungroper

Post by qz2026 »

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these things are happening. You really have to be careful anymore...

It's almost like buying or selling there doesn't make much sense anymore. Lots of newbie buyers and sellers who have no idea what they are buying or selling and other sellers who are just gouging the prices up and of course newbie buys them. Silly starting prices and ridiculous shipping. I saw an $85 shipping cost for a Mosin in the last week or so. Most are falling into the $50-$60 range. GB fees, taxes and shipping costs can add at least $100 to a sale. But, everyone once in a while a deal will spring up that, for some odd reason, no one else is interested in. A couple weeks ago I snatched up a fully matching Oberndorf M-96 in wonderful condition for $500 delivered. It just needed to be cleaned up. I've also found a couple of 1909 Ejercito carbines for a good price over that last year, even a matching 1891 rifle with the crest for a decent price. Anymore, patience is the rule.