Shifting the pile

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Shifting the pile

Post by Darryl »

I spent a day and 1/2 moving the rifles under my bed to a closet. I made a "built in" gun rack in the closet of my "spare room" (man cave). They represent about 1/6 of my collection. Now I can get to them, look at them, and them and take them to the rifle range.
When under the bed it took about 20 minutes to get to them, and would tear up my spare room.These are my "favored" rifles.
collection_011HQ.jpg
I made the new rack from an old rack that I had in the same room years ago. And a new rack to the inside wall.
IMG_0809400.jpg
So, at least I can get to them now. I also have a small safe/cabinet in that same closet. All together 56 firearms in this closet.
The rest are in the attic packed away. Can't get to them either! :|
I'm thinking about selling some off. Just can't enjoy 90% of them anymore.
I have every firearm I have ever bought. I have never sold a firearm.......ever. :roll:

Darryl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shifting the pile

Post by millman »

:vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Wow, I see a lot of beautiful stocks in the box......
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:51 pm Wow, I see a lot of beautiful stocks in the box......
That is exactly what I was thinking.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have the same problem, everything so packed away that I can't find anything when I am looking for it. Every available storage space is occupied by something.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:04 pm
ffuries wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:51 pm Wow, I see a lot of beautiful stocks in the box......
The Finns.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Yeah, those are all my "strippys". :chuckles:
In the closet is all my favs. M1 Garand, and M1 Carbine, My finn's (some of them), and others. Didn't show what is in the "safe" (cabinet).
These are the rifles I like to take to the range, not just collecting.

Darryl
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:04 pm
I thought I was looking at the Tiger cage at the Zoo there's so many stripes in the box.