CETME C Build......

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ffuries

CETME C Build......

Post by ffuries »

Got a wild hair and decided I wanted to do a CETME C build. So I ordered a parts kit (It came in today), have a barreled receiver on hold while I sort out my FFL hunt.

All the parts that are supposed to be in the parts kit are there, to include the cleaning kit cap (Description states some might be missing them). There is no rust on any of the parts, but they are filthy as hell. Surprise was a magazine was included, which I didn't order or pay for. Buddy is gifting me a sling, bayonet and magazine if he can find them. I'll just need to get the sling buckle.

I'll need to modify a few pieces and have a plate welded and she'll be good as gold. I'll end up with some spare parts as the barreled receiver comes with the bolt, sight etc, which are included in the parts kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CETME C Build......

Post by millman »

I always liked the look of those.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Nice parts kit! Keep us updated on how the build goes!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is one of the rifles that I regret not getting when they were plentiful in the mid to late 90s. If memory serves, they were going for around $150.00 then, but I just never got around to it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:45 pm That is one of the rifles that I regret not getting when they were plentiful in the mid to late 90s. If memory serves, they were going for around $150.00 then, but I just never got around to it.
Well bud here's your "ROUND TUIT".....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

I know you’ve had a lot going on lately ffuries, but how is the build going?
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Tula44 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 am I know you’ve had a lot going on lately ffuries, but how is the build going?
Kinda late seeing this.......

Like you said with moving back into the house, all the health issues, and waiting for biopsy results, I put off getting the other parts.

I'll probably re-visit the build and parts hunt after the holidays.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Looking forward to when you can get back to it!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...