Older 22s

Rim Fire Firearms
Cliff

Older 22s

Post by Cliff »

I've traded for these two old 22s in the last few weeks. The first one is a Marlin mod 99 M-1. This was amore expensive rifle than the Marlin Glenfield . My gun is JM marked and walnut stocked. Traded one of these off years and I've wanted to replace it for several years. The next one is a Remington Junior Special mod 521-t. I'll probably be able to shoot the Lyman peep better than the open sighted Marlin. I'm looking foreward to a range trip with these.
Cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Older 22s

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
DeborahGEllis

Post by DeborahGEllis »

That is really awesome..
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I got two old .22 rifles from a relative of the wife for $20 a piece, one I knew I could get parts for, a mid 60's Stevens/Savage 15A, had to get parts for the bolt on it and fix a crack in the stock. The other one is a 1928-1930 "Premier 22 rifle", from what I can find it was one of Mossbergs' first rifles and made specially for a fur trading company...and literally NO parts that I need are available. I can make a couple parts that the bolt needs but the extractor is a design I've never seen before and there's no schematics for it anywhere either. It's a takedown rifle and in pretty good overall shape, just unusable.
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Havlin sales and service for Mossburg parts. Cliff.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That looks like 2 great Rifle to own Cliff. I would enjoy both of them on the firing line. Congrats
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Those are gorgeous! The Lyman sights work well with my old eyes.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I love old 22 rifles... The single shot bolt guns are my favorite. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:13 am Those are gorgeous! The Lyman sights work well with my old eyes.
Do they make a front sight with a brass bead ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
rice paddy daddy

Post by rice paddy daddy »

Very nice!!
Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division