1936 Sako m28/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Watch_this71

1936 Sako m28/30

Post by Watch_this71 »

First off, I picked up my first m28/30 last month. The douchebag I bought it from shipped it VERY poorly packed. The stock is broken at the top of the grip and is being held on by I have no idea what. Needless to say, it can't be fired. I've got my gunsmith waiting until I hear something back from the seller about a refund, but he's not sure he can do much with it.

Does anyone know where I can find a stock to replace it with? If not, I've seen M39 and unissued arctic birch stocks on ebay. I'm
SA1911a1

Re: 1936 Sako m28/30

Post by SA1911a1 »

Most wood breaks can be repaired if you have all of the material. That is the route that I would try first.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 am Most wood breaks can be repaired if you have all of the material. That is the route that I would try first.
I agree. Also, some pictures would help determine if this is feasible to repair. Finding a 28/30 stock is gonna be tough... And then there's the fact the donor rifle is gonna look weird without furniture. :shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Watch_this71 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:11 pm First off, I picked up my first m28/30 last month. The douchebag I bought it from shipped it VERY poorly packed. The stock is broken at the top of the grip and is being held on by I have no idea what. Needless to say, it can't be fired. I've got my gunsmith waiting until I hear something back from the seller about a refund, but he's not sure he can do much with it.

Does anyone know where I can find a stock to replace it with? If not, I've seen M39 and unissued arctic birch stocks on ebay. I'm
That sounds like a wrist bolt repair if necessary. I have one to do on the way. Titebond and a clamp will do the job lots of times.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"