Scary AK

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Scary AK

Post by ffuries »

This is why you inspect before you buy and before you shoot. A little knowledge goes a long ways.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... nQzFGe1yMk
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Scary AK

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am impressed, it takes rare talent to fuck up an AK build. The entire west pack nations built these with no problems including Romania that may have been slow at it but still built a fair rifle. China during it's cultural revolution when they couldn't even cast a pot still managed to build good AK's, North Korea may have had to do it with hand tools and use metal off of old C-rat cans, but they still got it done, Guys working with small forges, hand tools, on the dirt floor in backwoods Pakistani mountain villages can build a pretty good AK from nothing. Give Bubba a receiver flat, and a perfectly good parts kit and he fucks it up, maybe he was distracted by his sisters ass. Question is what idiot would look this over and still buy it?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:46 pm I am impressed, it takes rare talent to fuck up an AK build. The entire west pack nations built these with no problems including Romania that may have been slow at it but still built a fair rifle. China during it's cultural revolution when they couldn't even cast a pot still managed to build good AK's, North Korea may have had to do it with hand tools and use metal off of old C-rat cans, but they still got it done, Guys working with small forges, hand tools, on the dirt floor in backwoods Pakistani mountain villages can build a pretty good AK from nothing. Give Bubba a receiver flat, and a perfectly good parts kit and he fucks it up, maybe he was distracted by his sisters ass. Question is what idiot would look this over and still buy it?
Good gawd, I just spit my beer on the screen reading your response. Don't know who would buy it or why they didn't catch any of this shit.

All that said you made some serious valid points. They can build these in the Khyber Pass with no issues, yet Bubba........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

This gun perfectly sums it when you shouldn't just send it and hope for the best.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Question is what idiot would look this over and still buy it?
Good question... or attempt to shoot it. Holy Moly...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:furious: Cave Man evolves and tries to make AK 47. :facepalm1:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 am :furious: Cave Man evolves and tries to make AK 47. :facepalm1:
Prehistoric man lived and died on the strength of his weapons, he would not have made a piece of shit like this.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Yes I know I'm reviving a old thread but for those that didn't know Brandon the owner of The AK Guy got this gun from Ian and saved it. It has now been un molested yes gonna call it that because jesus christ this gun. But ya it's been saved.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That piece could have come from our local "gunsmith's" shop. I wouldn't let him work on a water pistol. Before I knew what a butcher that he was, I had him lower the ejection port on a favorite 1911. The work was done with a Dremel with a coarse stone and cold blued, and believe me, it looked like it was done with a Dremel. The last time I was in his shop, doing a transfer (he is cheap) I saw one of his bubba assistants working on someone's prized shotgun with a two pound hammer. My son was with me and we just looked at each other and groaned.

Thank goodness, I can do most of my work on my firearms myself, I am a fairly good parts changer, but nothing close to a gunsmith. We used to have the real-deal, master gunsmith close by, but the fellow, showing no sense of duty or responsibility, up and died on us. This old guy was a Canadian that served in the USMC during the Korean war, and he apprenticed under a German Gunmaker in the 60s. I believe that the guy could have tuned a revolver with one hand while eating a sandwich with the other. He was also a master engraver and stock maker. I spent a lot of time chewing the fat with him in his shop, and did not find out until long after he died that he lived with his husband. It wouldn't have bothered me knowing, and doesn't make me think less of him, but I just found it curious that I never picked up on it. But, now he is gone, and look what he left us with....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:33 pm That piece could have come from our local "gunsmith's" shop. I wouldn't let him work on a water pistol. Before I knew what a butcher that he was, I had him lower the ejection port on a favorite 1911. The work was done with a Dremel with a coarse stone and cold blued, and believe me, it looked like it was done with a Dremel. The last time I was in his shop, doing a transfer (he is cheap) I saw one of his bubba assistants working on someone's prized shotgun with a two pound hammer. My son was with me and we just looked at each other and groaned.

Thank goodness, I can do most of my work on my firearms myself, I am a fairly good parts changer, but nothing close to a gunsmith. We used to have the real-deal, master gunsmith close by, but the fellow, showing no sense of duty or responsibility, up and died on us. This old guy was a Canadian that served in the USMC during the Korean war, and he apprenticed under a German Gunmaker in the 60s. I believe that the guy could have tuned a revolver with one hand while eating a sandwich with the other. He was also a master engraver and stock maker. I spent a lot of time chewing the fat with him in his shop, and did not find out until long after he died that he lived with his husband. It wouldn't have bothered me knowing, and doesn't make me think less of him, but I just found it curious that I never picked up on it. But, now he is gone, and look what he left us with....
He may be gone but he left us some talented gunsmiths behind. Case in point here is the cursed Krink that has been saved. It only took a year to save it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9VbPw ... donHerrera

Also Brandon found a AK your local bubba may have worked on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpHkfH ... donHerrera
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Holy crap!! That's the scariest AK I have ever seen. :shock: