Collection of Birth Year pipes

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
Some_Mook

Collection of Birth Year pipes

Post by Some_Mook »

I have a modest collection of tobacco pipes, and have rounded my collection out by acquiring pipes that were dated for each of my grandchildren's birth years. After I am gone, they will each have a little aromatic keepsake to remember Poppa by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tula44

Re: Collection of Birth Year pipes

Post by Tula44 »

That's a neat collection and I'm sure your grandchildren will certainly appreciate it.

My grandfather and father liked cigars and now I do too! I prefer Dutch Masters.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice collection! I just have the ones I bought new and used over the years. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Some_Mook

Post by Some_Mook »

The only estate pipe I have is a '61 Dunhill shell briar - my birth year pipe. All of my other pipes were bought new. Finding unsmoked pipes made in specific years was kind of a fun treasure hunt. The pipes for the grandkids was a wife-approved series of acquisitions. The best part of collecting my other pipes is that it keeps the wife so busy counting them and informing me of her tally that she has not noticed the last 6 or 7 firearms that have been added to the safes. :biggrin: