Ruger Mark IV

Rim Fire Firearms
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Ruger Mark IV

Post by bunkysdad »

I found this new Mark IV 10” Target model in my local shooting range/gun shop. I have been on the lookout for the 5.5” target bull barrel but after handling this one the balance is surprisingly nice. Now I just need to get back to the range and shoot it along with the 60 year older Standard Model Ruger pistol. Image
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Ruger Mark IV

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

I have several of each model that "Bill" created..Used one this past year in my shooting qualification for my concealed carry permit....
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I love those Rugers. Two nice ones you have there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

The Ruger standard automatic and every newer version of it is one of those guns liked even by people who don't like guns.

I got mine from my uncle who said, "I have a German pistol for you, to go along with your German rifle". Neither gun was German, of course, but I'm not complaining.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

5EF658BD-4AE7-43F9-A748-9EBD989F4E4C.jpeg
FCF10D45-724C-47C0-B87A-FD8E6E4130FA.jpeg
I found a complete new unfired upper on Gunbroker in 5” and it mounts right on the lower. And it shoots great. If anyone is interested in a great deal on a Mark IV upper then look at Volquartsen website under clearance items. They are considerably less than 125.00 that I paid. They have to ship to a FFL due to the location of the serial number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: My old Mk 1 has 20% bluing or less, made in the '50's and still outshoots most .22's
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Interesting pistols.

I've seen them in the past but never got close to buying on. I'm assuming it is a "target pistol"?

Darryl