1929 Tula Bolt Handle Markings

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
djbuck1

1929 Tula Bolt Handle Markings

Post by djbuck1 »

I have what appears to be a matching 1929 Tula Dragoon, no import mark, likely SCW with what may have been a blued bolt. Any idea what these markings are?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qz2026

Re: 1929 Tula Bolt Handle Markings

Post by qz2026 »

Looks like a Spanish exploding bomb. Never seen this before. Could be SCW but this would be the first matching example I've seen. The "W" is an interesting stamp too. Is it still in the pre war stock?
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

It appears to be. The stock is numbered to the rifle, with the numbers in the wood of the stock behind the trigger guard.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Belgian proof marks. The bolt body probably came from an 8mm conversion, a good number of those went to Spain. Ive seen a few SCW mosins still in 54R but having these bolt parts The bolt head would still be a standard one.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

It is. Interesting rifle. I’ll try to post some pics.