I had a weak moment and bought a Creedmoor

Modern rifles and Sportsters are discussed here.

Sportsters:
We don't advocate making Sportsters from military surplus rifles. We do recognize the ones already made in years past as pieces of history and of importance (such as the Bannerman, Blindee and old custom sportsters). If you bought one, you may show it here. Discussion of how to do this kind of work is not allowed. It is contrary to our over all forum values. So please don't abuse this forum. All final decisions will be made by the Administrators and no one else please. Non permanent alterations may be shown here but keep in mind, if it is in conflict with the "spirit" of these forums, we may remove it at our discretion.
Sonny

I had a weak moment and bought a Creedmoor

Post by Sonny »

haha for years I was calling 6.5 Creedmoor shooters limp wristed snowflakes and here I went and bought one myself. :?

Actually it feels pretty good in the hands and according to the write ups I've read these are pretty accurate and make a great deer rifle. Maybe Elk too with a well placed shot at 300 yards or less. Moose, well that's another story. :lol:

Just need to go to the city to get some ammo for it as there is none at all here in town.

I'll report back later when I get a scope put on it and have some range time with this little gun... Oh btw it was on sale and ya gotta love sales. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I had a weak moment and bought a Creedmoor

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Limp wristed snowflakes? They must be a different breed up in Canada, here they come out of New York City and would scream and faint at the thought you thought they owned a gun, or " gasp" hunted anything other than bargains on designer skinny pants.

What are you going to kill with that?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 pm Limp wristed snowflakes? They must be a different breed up in Canada, here they come out of New York City and would scream and faint at the thought you thought they owned a gun, or " gasp" hunted anything other than bargains on designer skinny pants.

What are you going to kill with that?
Deer and I have a good chance of getting a cow elk draw next fall. :thumbsup:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I hear that Creedmore ammo is very difficult to come by..
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

qz2026 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:41 am I hear that Creedmore ammo is very difficult to come by..
There's none here in town but then they don't have 7mm rem mag or .410 shotshells either.

Lots of 6.5cm in Edmonton and we'll be going there on a shopping trip soon in the new year. :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

What about Griz ? Do you carry a big pistole for him if your deer hunting with a lighter round ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:15 am What about Griz ? Do you carry a big pistole for him if your deer hunting with a lighter round ?
Nah, you can't let a fear of bears stop you from having fun and there isn't a bear hiding behind every tree waiting to get you.

Besides we all know that all you need to kill a grizz is a .22, just ask Bella Twin. :lol: :beek:

https://www.thehuntingnews.com/the-worl ... with-a-22/
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Sonny it's a shame you don't live closer. I set Sat. and Sun with a 100 count box of Lapua brass and a set of 6.5 dies on my table at the gunshow. Didn't have a single person interested so I brought it back home. I would it would not have lasted a half day.
Love the looks of your new rifle. Good hunting, Cliff
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Cliff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06 pm Sonny it's a shame you don't live closer. I set Sat. and Sun with a 100 count box of Lapua brass and a set of 6.5 dies on my table at the gunshow. Didn't have a single person interested so I brought it back home. I would it would not have lasted a half day.
Love the looks of your new rifle. Good hunting, Cliff
Yeah that darn border gets in the way of me getting some good deals. :lol:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

So it was a nice sunny day with no wind and off to the range I went.

First of all I was just trying to get tight groups and we'll worry about hitting the cross after I settle on a brand of ammo that I plan to hunt with.

And the winner is Hornady American Whitetail 129gr Interlock, a dime will cover the three shot group at 100 yards. :wink:
Second is Federal Non Typical Whitetail 140gr sp
Then Winchester Deer Season 125gr Extreme Point.
And the worst out of this bunch is Federal Blue box 95gr V-max.. I wouldn't use this 95 gr ammo on deer so that is all of this ammo I will buy.

I still want to try Hornady Precision Hunter 143gr ELD-X, Remington Core Lokt 140gr and Winchester 140gr Power Points if I can find them.

Then I was off to the 500 yard range to ping some gongs.

The 300 yard gong (12 inch) went ping ping ping.
The 400 yard gong (16 inch) went miss ping ping
The 500 yard gong is something we won't talk about at this time. :oops:

But bottom line is I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to next deer season. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.