I've got a problem with my arsenal Doc.

Laughs!
Sonny

I've got a problem with my arsenal Doc.

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1

Re: I've got a problem with my arsenal Doc.

Post by SA1911a1 »

Ouch, from more than one direction. Fell on it indeed...So they have Florida Men in the UK too?

It brings to mind a story that I read when I was living in Miami. Tourist hotel guests were awakened in the wee hours of the morning with a man, naked in the swimming pool, screaming bloody murder. It seemed that the randy man didn't understand the power of the suction side of the pool recirculating system. What seemed like a good thing, for a lonely tourist who was determined to score that night, became a catastrophe when once certain tender parts were sucked in and began to swell and could not be removed by the victim. It must have been quite painful. Of course, the screaming brought his fellow travelers out on their balconies to watch the show until paramedics arrived to extricate the fellow. If it happened today, it would have been all over the web in minutes. As it was, only the readers of the Miami Herald got the story, without photos....just a few million people. How would you ever live that kind of incident down? How could the emergency responders maintain their composure without busting a gut laughing at the man's problem?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:37 pm You just can't make this up. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ectum.html
Sonny, do you ever watch the British detective drama, Midsomer Murders? I have watched 20 seasons of the series and it never ceases to amaze me how creative the Brits writers can get when murdering someone. It would be much simpler if they just had guns like we do. The show has been cultural education for my wife and I.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Sonny, do you ever watch the British detective drama, Midsomer Murders? I have watched 20 seasons of the series and it never ceases to amaze me how creative the Brits writers can get when murdering someone. It would be much simpler if they just had guns like we do. The show has been cultural education for my wife and I.
No I never heard of that show but if it's on netflix it might be something to watch on these long cold winter nights. :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 pm

No I never heard of that show but if it's on netflix it might be something to watch on these long cold winter nights. :thumbsup:
It is a series we have enjoyed. It is on IMBD TV, a free channel and comes with plenty of commercials. The countryside where the show is filmed is beautiful. I haven't seen any long, cold nights yet, I was working outside yesterday without a shirt. We haven't had a frost yet and we normally have one by the first of Nov. We are likely to get one of those polar expresses that freezes every waterpipe in the South; that happens about once every ten or twelve years and we are due.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That show is good enough that I own all 20 seasons, or is it 21 now, I forget. Lots of great ideas. :twisted: It's also set in the country, I don't care to watch city crap on TV.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

57MM damn. That guys got a big asshole. A 3" 20 ga. is about all I can handle. :facepalm2: I remember a woman that "fell" on a zucchini a few years back, ended up at the ER.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Was he rearranging his collection in the buff? :chuckles:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Ironnewt wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:03 pm Was he rearranging his collection in the buff? :chuckles:
It sounds more like he was rearranging his buff with his collection.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

How in the world...that sucks!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Tula44 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:29 am How in the world...that sucks!
I'm sure it stinks too. I'll bet the bomb squad would agree. Maybe he was making a biological weapon out of it.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah so he must have got naked and greased up the 57mm shell for some unknown reason? Something in this story was omitted I think[emoji28]