M1 Garand fair price?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M1 Garand fair price?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

matt167 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:14 pm Could I use a cheap Lee loader to pull the bullets out of hotter loaded 150 grain and load the correct amount of IMR 4895 for M2 ball?
Somebody has to have some fired brass you could use to load your own . Put a post up in the boards for sale/wanted forum. That Turk M2 Joe has will work fine in your M1, and possibly the brass is reloadable. Lee Loader's work well, and teach the basics of reloading.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

matt167 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:05 pm Here it is, From The Garand Guy in NJ. Total price was $1,535. I really didn't want the reproduction stock, but that is the way he had it listed on the website to get a good condition original barrel.\

My local shop didn't have any rounds for it. but he DID have some 6.5 Carcano which I snagged, and it was $18/ box so under $1/ round
What year and manufacturer is yours.......? Mine is a July 1943 Springfield with SN 1,738,447. Need to get an updated picture, she's complete with the cleaning kit in the buttstock, sling and bayonet now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
matt167

Post by matt167 »

I 'think' it's a Jan '44 build date Springfield. #2439090
matt167

Post by matt167 »

This is a slippery slope, now looking at Springfield M1A's, not really a military rifle but spiritual successor/ close as we can get to an M14.... But, probably not for a while
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I don't see anymore bulk batches of these coming in, ever. The fair price now ? I'm watching 4-5 that will go $1500, maybe a little more. Several store ads for $1495 buy it now.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"