Cardiac Ablation Scheduled....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Cardiac Ablation Scheduled....

Post by ffuries »

I have been scheduled for a 0730 showtime on 19 Nov 2021 for a 3 hour Cardiac Ablation procedure. Followed by a overnight stay in the hospital, and then barring any complications I'll be kicked to the curb the following day.

Hard to imagine how I got here.

19 years ago 24 Nov 2002 age 35 I had a Widow Maker heart attack, a few months after returning from my second deployment for Afghanistan, and 2 weeks before I was scheduled to deploy for the pending Iraqi invasion. Didn't make the Iraqi invasion dammit.

15 plus years ago on 17 Jun 2006 age 39 I was informed I had to have an ICD implanted.

15 plus years ago on Jul 2006 age 39 I was informed I would NEVER make it past July 2016 with my current heart.

15 plus years ago on 04 Aug 2006 age 39 I had my first ICD implanted, on my third ICD now.

Today I still have the same screwed up heart in my chest, and it stills continues to confound the doctors on how it's still working.
Last edited by ffuries on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Re: Cardiac Ablation Scheduled....

Post by Sonny »

Holy crap.. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I only know one other guy who survived the widow maker, he was in his 70's at the time, and still around in his 80's now. Good luck with the procedure, we will see you when you get out.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Hang in there Mike, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

ya know, with all of your wife's skills, I would consider letting her do the procedure................... :wink:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Had to ask them about the procedure......I've been awake for all my previous heart catheterization's and for all 3 of my ICD implants. So I asked if I was going to have to be awake for this one. Whew the answer is nope, they'll put me night-night for this procedure......Thank God!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 am ya know, with all of your wife's skills, I would consider letting her do the procedure................... :wink:
Hmmm, she might do a remodel while she's in there, don't know if I'll like the results or the new me. Kind of attached to the Old Grumpy Ass Me.....Just saying!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

make sure she knows how to logon here so we can get reports....
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02 pm make sure she knows how to logon here so we can get reports....
This site stays open on my phone and logged on always. So all she has to do is make a post if something happens.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm
tomaustin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02 pm make sure she knows how to logon here so we can get reports....
This site stays open on my phone and logged on always. So all she has to do is make a post if something happens.
If you get a notice from the IRS about a pending audit then you will be fine, you realize you have the winning ticket for the billion dollar powerball before going in then your fucked. That's just how Mr. Murphy works.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:45 pm
ffuries wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm
If you get a notice from the IRS about a pending audit then you will be fine, you realize you have the winning ticket for the billion dollar powerball before going in then your fucked. That's just how Mr. Murphy works.
Oh hell IRS Audits are a normal thing around here....Been audited 5 times by them idiots, to include being audited by them two years in a row once. Nothing surprises or spooks me when it comes to the IRS anymore.

Guess I have to play the Lotto to get a winning ticket......
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Reddy

Post by Reddy »

My sister has been through two ablations; the Dr. said she would be his first, she said no, but I'll be your second! Everything came out fine.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Drs office called about 1 1/2 hours ago, they had a cancelation and wanted to know if I could come in tomorrow morning at 0630.

Told them I couldn't do it, as people had made plans to take time off for when I am scheduled. My wife home schools our GD and our daughter works for the school, and her husband works for the city and he's taking the day off to be with their daughter, until I get a room. Our daughter is taking the day off to be up there when I go in and come out along with my wife, and our youngest son

My oldest son is planning on coming down from SC with his family for it also......

Besides all that I told them I hadn't studied for it and didn't know if a cram session would prepare me. Plus I would have had to get my ass to the hospital and get a bunch of labs done at the last minute.

So I'm still on the schedule for a 19 Nov procedure for now......!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

you got all that planning on a big sticky note on the frig...?

git that out of order and the wheels will fall off.....
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm you got all that planning on a big sticky note on the frig...?

git that out of order and the wheels will fall off.....
My wife tracks everything in the calendar on her phone. Thank God or I would screw it up. One thing is when I was originally scheduled for this I had to move some other appointments around. So once we did that, we let the family know when it was etc. So they could take off from work etc.

Then at the last minute I get a "Hey you wanna come in tomorrow and do this?".....A little to last moment for me! Yeah I want this done, but let me get myself psyched up......!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Mike. I had mine done in June, no problems. The doc wanted to do five spots but he could only do four. My pulse is close to normal now. When that rock busted my windshield my or was in the mid 30s. When I get the pacemaker next week should be all
better. You should feel Mitch better. Good luck.
+dhic aka Cliff
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Cliff wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:09 pm Mike. I had mine done in June, no problems. The doc wanted to do five spots but he could only do four. My pulse is close to normal now. When that rock busted my windshield my or was in the mid 30s. When I get the pacemaker next week should be all
better. You should feel Mitch better. Good luck.
+dhic aka Cliff
Yes, I'm hoping this procedure helps me out a lot and makes me feel better.

Got an ICD already (on my third one, first was in 06 at age 39). Hopefully this deals with my AFib, and I can get off the Amiodarone, which is known to cause Pulmonary Fibrosis. My new Cardiologist took me off Amiodarone to see what would happen, less than 30 days off the medicine and I went into AFib for about 24 hours. This was only my second AFib incident since being placed on the med in December 2014, previous incident was in 2016. So 5 years with no incidents.

My current average EF rate is 24%, plus I have a documented 12% rate incident. That 12% is not conducive for supporting life. Don't know if the Entresto has helped to improve my EF rate, I'll find in Dec when I have a Echocardiogram done.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member