It snowed last night

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Sonny

It snowed last night

Post by Sonny »

But just a little bit and I hope our Ford dealer doesn't mind me stealing the pic they posted on FB. :lol:

But it will all melt as the forecast for the next week is mid to upper 40's. :thumbsup:

Oh btw... this is a bit late for the first snow here in town as mostly we get our first snow end of sept.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: It snowed last night

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You buying the Bronco?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:38 am You buying the Bronco?
No Sir... we have two F150's :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:44 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:38 am You buying the Bronco?
No Sir... we have two F150's :thumbsup:
So, two 150's, but no Bronco. Seems this is your opportunity to own one, and it's even in winter camouflage, snow is on the ground in Canada what? 10.5-11 months of the year? Fully loaded it's only $38,000 USD , you have that in petty cash.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

$38,000 in petty cash? Bwahahahahaha that's the funniest thing I heard in a long time. :chuckles:

I do like the new Broncos but you can't load a moose in the back of one unless you hack it up in little pieces. :wink: :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:41 pm $38,000 in petty cash? Bwahahahahaha that's the funniest thing I heard in a long time. :chuckles:

I do like the new Broncos but you can't load a moose in the back of one unless you hack it up in little pieces. :wink: :wink:
That's what chainsaw's are for :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That amount of snow you show there is the total amount Ohio gets. It puts the state in a total shutdown mode. I moved here from Pa. where when they say it is going to snow it does, two to four feet at times when the "Lake effect" kicks in.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

What is this "Snow" stuff thou speak of....?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:25 pm What is this "Snow" stuff thou speak of....?
In Florida it's what happens only during the nuclear winter, I don't recommend standing around outside admiring it when it happens. I looked at the map, don't worry about the nuclear winter, with all the big military bases near you it won't be a problem for you at all.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It has finally cooled down enough here for an old man to do yard work. (lows around 60 degrees F. highs near 80) We get enough snow to powder the ground about every ten years, and enough to stay around for three or four days about every 30 years. I have never seen snow here deeper than an inch. I have seen the roads ice up once in my lifetime. It is a hoot to see what happens when life-long Floridians get on icy roads.

The weather finally moderated enough for me to tackle a new "project." I had about another 1/2 acre of woods next to my house cleared to give me a little more of a safety net in case of drought and fire. When the equipment is gone, there is still a lot of hand work to do to prepare to convert the space into what passes as a "lawn." You can see the lawn chair there; that is a concession to my age. I have to work a while and sit a while. ;) Last week, everything behind the bat house was jungle interlaced with mature trees downed during hurricane Michael. You can still see some "leaners" from the storm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

1911, be very careful that none of those "leaners" comes over on you....gonna look good with a little grass...should be a good shady area for the spring and summer....
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 am 1911, be very careful that none of those "leaners" comes over on you....gonna look good with a little grass...should be a good shady area for the spring and summer....
First it was SNOW, then we moved on to GRASS.......Sounds like we are talking about drugs......

:biggrin:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:06 am
tomaustin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 am 1911, be very careful that none of those "leaners" comes over on you....gonna look good with a little grass...should be a good shady area for the spring and summer....
First it was SNOW, then we moved on to GRASS.......Sounds like we are talking about drugs......

:biggrin:

Want some whiskey in your water?
Sugar in your tea?
What's all these crazy questions you're askin' me?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

400 plus lbs in the back and brand new Firestone Winter Force studded tires.

We're ready for you Old Man Winter. :thumbsup:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:09 pm 400 plus lbs in the back and brand new Firestone Winter Force studded tires.

We're ready for you Old Man Winter. :thumbsup:
My brother had to put weight in the back of his truck when he was stationed at NAS Keflavik Iceland, with the USAF.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Sunny, It's nice to see someone else likes the Firestone Winter Force tires. We get a bit of snow around my neck of the woods also. Thank goodness for the toolcat, it sure helps cleaning up the mess in front of the shops easier.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

boltaction wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:17 am Hello,
Sunny, It's nice to see someone else likes the Firestone Winter Force tires. We get a bit of snow around my neck of the woods also. Thank goodness for the toolcat, it sure helps cleaning up the mess in front of the shops easier.
That's a good dump of snow. What's your location?
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

It's currently 88 degrees out right now, I miss the seasons and cold weather!
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Sonny wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:58 am
Hello,
Location: 33.66 N.- 199.00 W.@ approx.8,000ft in the eastern sierra.
That's about an 48hr. or so dusting last year. Just, the leeward side of the building...
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

boltaction wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:33 pm
Sonny wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:58 am
Hello,
Location: 33.66 N.- 199.00 W.@ approx.8,000ft in the eastern sierra.
That's about an 48hr. or so dusting last year. Just, the leeward side of the building...
That's way south of us but much higher in elevation.

We are at 53.395206° N, -117.57836° E @ approx 3500ft above sea level. :thumbsup: