Big Pike

Sonny

Big Pike

Post by Sonny »

Well not a REALLY big pike but still a nice one. We didn't have a scale in the boat but we measured him and he was just under 43 inches. Our best guess is that he was in the 16-18 lbs range which is the biggest my bro-in-law ever caught and he was darn happy to catch him. :wink:
Also caught a shit load of walleye and had some for lunch everyday. Oh btw that big pike was released to be caught again by someone else. :thumbsup:

Weather was perfect and it was a great fishing trip. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Re: Big Pike

Post by tjtM38 »

Just looking at that weather, the scenery and the catch of the day, it would be a pleasure to be Alberta bound. :Canada:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's what fish looks like before it's made into round chunks and squeezed into the can? My cat loves it. Nice vintage class C, what is that? Late 80's or 90's? I have one like it I have so far been using for storage, but it runs well, and more importantly no computer anything on the engine, or transmission.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:59 pm That's what fish looks like before it's made into round chunks and squeezed into the can? My cat loves it. Nice vintage class C, what is that? Late 80's or 90's? I have one like it I have so far been using for storage, but it runs well, and more importantly no computer anything on the engine, or transmission.
It's a 1986 Ford Glendale and the old girl runs great. It has all the goodies such as 3 piece bath,furnace,AC,hot water heater and three way fridge with small freezer. It also has a mighty 460 engine which pulls her real good up hills but we only get about 9mpg with it. :lol:
It's old and we don't go on long trips with it but it's a good unit for hunting and fishing. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:46 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:59 pm That's what fish looks like before it's made into round chunks and squeezed into the can? My cat loves it. Nice vintage class C, what is that? Late 80's or 90's? I have one like it I have so far been using for storage, but it runs well, and more importantly no computer anything on the engine, or transmission.
It's a 1986 Ford Glendale and the old girl runs great. It has all the goodies such as 3 piece bath,furnace,AC,hot water heater and three way fridge with small freezer. It also has a mighty 460 engine which pulls her real good up hills but we only get about 9mpg with it. :lol:
It's old and we don't go on long trips with it but it's a good unit for hunting and fishing. :thumbsup:
My other RV is a Fleetwood Bounder and has the Ford Triton V10, fuel economy? What's that? It's fun to play with these little houses on wheels.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Wow... that's some nice fish. Those walleyes are pigs...
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

In the first picture, you are showing the bait, right? ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:15 pm In the first picture, you are showing the bait, right? ;)
haha ..... the last time Alberta had fish big enough to eat that pike was about 100 million years ago. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Pokannee ? What is that, Eskimo brew ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:54 pm Pokannee ? What is that, Eskimo brew ?
Kokanee .... best beer on the market. :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:07 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:54 pm Pokannee ? What is that, Eskimo brew ?
Kokanee .... best beer on the market. :thumbsup:
I'll bet, yea I have heard of it. I can't have any though, I turn into the Wolfman, roaming the countryside preying on villagers. :drunk:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:41 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:15 pm In the first picture, you are showing the bait, right? ;)
haha ..... the last time Alberta had fish big enough to eat that pike was about 100 million years ago. :lol:
If I caught that Pike, I wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face for about two weeks.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum