Looking to buy an early m91/30 stock!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Aaron_J859

Looking to buy an early m91/30 stock!

Post by Aaron_J859 »

Hello all my name is Aaron, and I am looking for a wood stock and hand guard for my 1927 "Izhevsk" m91/30. It is a hex receiver. I bought it for $100 a few years ago but it came with a polymer ATI stock with a missing front sight. It was obviously going to be sporterised. However I would love to return it to the original look. I realized today how hard that was going to be. I looked at several of the recommended sites to find one to no avail. If anyone would be willing to part with a stock and handguard that might fit this era rifle that would be absolutely killer. Thanks
steelbuttplate

Re: Looking to buy an early m91/30 stock!

Post by steelbuttplate »

Aaron_J859 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:39 am
Hello all my name is Aaron, and I am looking for a wood stock and hand guard for my 1927 "Izhevsk" m91/30. It is a hex receiver. I bought it for $100 a few years ago but it came with a polymer ATI stock with a missing front sight. It was obviously going to be sporterised. However I would love to return it to the original look. I realized today how hard that was going to be. I looked at several of the recommended sites to find one to no avail. If anyone would be willing to part with a stock and handguard that might fit this era rifle that would be absolutely killer. Thanks
Look on Ebay. I saw one on there cheap.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Liberty tree had them but are now sold out, keep an eye on them for when they get more stock.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=17
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Any 91/30 stock would work, probably. I don't know how nitpicky into details one could get with regards to refurb facilities.
The rifle originally would have had a stock with screw-in escutcheons (the metal part that the dog collars go through). After refurb or repair, any functioning stock was used without regards to "period correct/factory correct" features.
Mosin Fanboy
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Aaron_J859 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:39 am
Does it have the 91/30 upgraded sight, or is it still dragoon ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

PM sent.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Aaron_J859

Post by Aaron_J859 »

Thanks everyone for the replies! For some reason I'm not getting notified in my email 🤔. Anyways I wasn't sure how compatibility works with the Mosins. I have seen a few stocks pop up for more then I paid for the rifle itself. But I guess I just have to suck it up depending on how much I am willing to pay to get this Ol' warhorse in some wood furniture. Thanks again this forum is the real deal.
Aaron_J859

Post by Aaron_J859 »

SteelButtPlate, it appears to be the updates 91/30 sight. I had to research that but yes it appears to be the newer one. Not curved
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

If you can find a pre war stock in good condition, you won't like the price. That goes for the post war stocks too. You'll find stocks on eBay but usually they are not complete (no handguard, barrel bands no cleaning rods and sometimes no stock bolt or barrel band retaining springs) but they are asking $75++. I've seen complete stock sets go for $150+
Aaron_J859

Post by Aaron_J859 »

That ks for all the replies! IronNewt is the man