Original PU, non repro

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Ironnewt

Re: Original PU, non repro

Post by Ironnewt »

Funny, I just got a private message from another "member" using the same pictures.
Hmmmmmmmm?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Ironnewt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:10 am Funny, I just got a private message from another "member" using the same pictures.
Hmmmmmmmm?
I got one from this member.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Advertising "Made in Russia" is not a good sign. The originals were made in the Soviet Union. It may be picking at nits, but.....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Miller Tyme wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 am
Ironnewt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:10 am Funny, I just got a private message from another "member" using the same pictures.
Hmmmmmmmm?
Me too.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:27 am Advertising "Made in Russia" is not a good sign. The originals were made in the Soviet Union. It may be picking at nits, but.....
Russia was a state/nation in the Soviet Union. Izhevsk is in Russia.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

AMCHornet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:45 pm
Hmmmmmmmm?
Me too.
The new part of this thread has been tacked onto an 8 year old thread by someone else.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:27 am Advertising "Made in Russia" is not a good sign. The originals were made in the Soviet Union. It may be picking at nits, but.....
The "made in Russia" and all that is along side of it was put on there relatively recently. It was put on when it was made to export to the USA just a few years back and is a "newer" requirement of "Russia". As there is no USSR and hasn't been one for some time, they used "Made in Russia". It is a real PU sniper. There is no doubt about it.

Darryl
M62

Post by M62 »

millman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm
AMCHornet wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:45 pm
Hmmmmmmmm?
Me too.
The new part of this thread has been tacked onto an 8 year old thread by someone else.
I got PM from this user too, and i have never replyed in this thread??
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

JoeR wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 am I don't want to come across the wrong way and ruffle feathers but the sticky at the top of this section of the forum basically says Unless they came from RGUNS, they are probably put together guns, aka fakes. When it comes to the price difference of $200 why not get the one that there is no question of it's provenace ? I have a super small milsurp collection but my cornerstone is my RGUNS sniper. I think the put togethers are priced a little high, the bolt and scopes are not cheap but as far as having a cool shooter to each their own.

I wonder how many RGUNS has left ? I know that's a secret, makes me wonder what an RGUNS sniper will be worth the second RGUNS runs out? Get em while you can, $800 is a lot of cabbage but I bet they jump a hundred or so the second the supply is sold out. :2cents: Like I know anything.... :?
There are quite a few Molot imports that have been determined to be original refurbished snipers. Rguns didn't get them all.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Ratnik

Post by Ratnik »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:49 am
There are quite a few Molot imports that have been determined to be original refurbished snipers
Why "quite a few" and not "all"? I didn't saw any questionable Molot PU within the US yet, only heard talks that they are not legit with zero evidence
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Ratnik wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:45 am
There are quite a few Molot imports that have been determined to be original refurbished snipers
Why "quite a few" and not "all"? I didn't saw any questionable Molot PU within the US yet, only heard talks that they are not legit with zero evidence
I have plenty of evidence that supports the fact that THEY ALL MAY NOT ALL BE "LEGIT" in the USA. In other works, "put together from parts" and never were PU snipers". But, I'm not going to go into that again. If you want to believe it they are all real, then believe it.

Myself, I don't own any Molot, and won't without having them in my hands before buying one.

Darryl
Ratnik

Post by Ratnik »

Darryl wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:08 am
I have plenty of evidence that supports the fact that THEY ALL MAY NOT ALL BE "LEGIT" in the USA. In other works, "put together from parts" and never were PU snipers". But, I'm not going to go into that again. If you want to believe it they are all real, then believe it.

Myself, I don't own any Molot, and won't without having them in my hands before buying one.

Darryl
Possibly you can share them in PM? I really curious to know
As we know, factory issue PU's were not just regular rifles with scopes, they had another pattern of marking/proofmarks, so you can not simply add scope and mount and make them look like PU
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

:pop:
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Ratnik wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:23 am
Darryl wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:08 am

Darryl
Possibly you can share them in PM? I really curious to know
As we know, factory issue PU's were not just regular rifles with scopes, they had another pattern of marking/proofmarks, so you can not simply add scope and mount and make them look like PU
I'm finished with that subject years ago. There are plenty of posts on this subject on this board .... still.

You will need to "go find them". ;mywink;

Darryl
HMSsian

Post by HMSsian »

Its a nice looker!
HMSsian

Post by HMSsian »

Hmmmmmmmm?
There's something funny with that message. Fishing is what I would call it. Hope no one gets hurt.