oh boy!! Could it possibly be?

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
jimpierce7

oh boy!! Could it possibly be?

Post by jimpierce7 »

Just had a quick look at the Field Sports Park website. I wanted to see if by some chance it was going to be opening back up for normal usage.....
I'll be calling today to make sure but I do believe I can once again go to the range without a reservation!!
Of course I have to find ammo first............

On the topic of ammo, I like to mindlessly browse tictak watching silly videos and so on. Somehow or another I have myself gathering many "ammo sales" places. I mean they have ammo by the truck load!! And they will mail it right to my home!
But I live in California I say..........
It's ok, we can still send it right to you!!
Yeah, I don't think I want to talk to you anymore.............. :chuckles: :chuckles:
tomaustin

Re: oh boy!! Could it possibly be?

Post by tomaustin »

what is the situation for driving out of state---Az for example---and buying your ammo...what is the return to CA..?

driving over and coming from TX, i have shot a bunch in AZ and brought it in on my trips...usually buying more while there and returning home with it......
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If I knew there was an ammo supply at reasonable cost over the state line I wouldn't ask permission, I would just go get it. There is no such thing around here in any state so right now it's not a worry for me.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I always shot on private ranges, but there is something to be said about reservation only. Slip the range officer a couple hundred and a case of whatever he, or she likes to drink, not for preferential treatment when it comes to time slots. Oh no, they would get a list of names from me of the people I do not want to share a range with. Every range officer knows these types, the loud mouths, experts, danger on the firing lane sorts, irritating assholes I would not want to deal with. The gift is to make sure I never see these people when I am on the range.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:34 pm I always shot on private ranges, but there is something to be said about reservation only. Slip the range officer a couple hundred and a case of whatever he, or she likes to drink, not for preferential treatment when it comes to time slots. Oh no, they would get a list of names from me of the people I do not want to share a range with. Every range officer knows these types, the loud mouths, experts, danger on the firing lane sorts, irritating assholes I would not want to deal with. The gift is to make sure I never see these people when I am on the range.
The joy of shooting on your own place is that you are the only asshole there.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Sadly I'm flying to Idaho in October, if I was I would load up on ammo. Nevada is closer than Arizona to me as well. lol
I mean, I could go, I just want to replenish my supply before I go. Especially 9mm. And 30-30. And 7.62x54r. I have plenty of .22!! :chuckles:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:07 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:34 pm I always shot on private ranges, but there is something to be said about reservation only. Slip the range officer a couple hundred and a case of whatever he, or she likes to drink, not for preferential treatment when it comes to time slots. Oh no, they would get a list of names from me of the people I do not want to share a range with. Every range officer knows these types, the loud mouths, experts, danger on the firing lane sorts, irritating assholes I would not want to deal with. The gift is to make sure I never see these people when I am on the range.
The joy of shooting on your own place is that you are the only asshole there.
But then you can't bitch about about people not policing up their brass, because it's all your brass!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Well now. $83 for a box of 100 9mm? The (usually) cheap Winchester rounds for the range. I was scared to ask about 30-30 or 7.62x54r rounds
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

jimpierce7 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:48 pm Well now. $83 for a box of 100 9mm? The (usually) cheap Winchester rounds for the range. I was scared to ask about 30-30 or 7.62x54r rounds
I got 250 rounds of 9mm for .52c per round this week, it's gettin a little better. How much lower will it go? Buy, buy bulk for sale price and free shipping WikiArms.com search engine.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Ammunition here in AZ is still hard to get. Went to the local gun show and didn’t see any good ammo prices. There were a couple of dealers with reasonably priced military surplus rifles.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

jimpierce7,
I live in California. I have a 03ffl and a certificate of eligibility (both extremely easy to get). I can buy ammo on the intyernet and they will send it to me. Anytime I want. No problem. Buy the case, or buy the box. Don't matter.

Darryl
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Darryl wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:30 pm jimpierce7,
I live in California. I have a 03ffl and a certificate of eligibility (both extremely easy to get). I can buy ammo on the intyernet and they will send it to me. Anytime I want. No problem. Buy the case, or buy the box. Don't matter.

Darryl
I'm in California too. Right now I am regretting letting 03 and CE go.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

awalker1829 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:56 pm Ammunition here in AZ is still hard to get. Went to the local gun show and didn’t see any good ammo prices. There were a couple of dealers with reasonably priced military surplus rifles.
I'm also in AZ. It can be a little hard to find ammo and when you do find it the price of it is why I don't purchase it. I'm not spending $1 a round.
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

In Montgomery Co, TX, we have a gun show Saturday and Sunday...9-5 both days.....probably 200 vendors....three big ammo outlets.......will go on Saturday.....haven't had many in the past year---2-3 maybe.....will be crowded....will post data later............
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

In the middle of last month, I went to the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. meeting (648 tables) and I didn't see any ammo that was anywhere near reasonable.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!