m38 ski trooper

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
nccowboy

m38 ski trooper

Post by nccowboy »

Been in storage. Not really sure what I had. Bought in mid 90's for 50.00. It was shorter than my friends and I thought I got ripped. Wondering what this group knows about this weapon. I figure m38 ski trooper?? Thanks for letting me join group.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: m38 ski trooper

Post by Darryl »

Not a M38. Oh Oh!! ;mywink;

Come on guys, help him out with this!!!

Darryl
jindodog

Post by jindodog »

That's an M28. The first 6000 or so were issued with the ski trooper stock. The serial number on the receiver is obviously out of this range and the number on the buttplate does not match the last two numbers of either the serial number or the Civil Guard "S" number on the bolt. For this reason I believe the stock was a replacement which is not uncommon for these. I'm not sure if the Civil Guard was still stamping bolts with their numbers by the time the M28 was issued or if the bolt is from an M24. A very nice example of an M28.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Worth more than the $50 you paid definitely a M28.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Fledge wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:42 am Worth more than the $50 you paid definitely a M28.
MMMMM :vcool: like it. I propose big trade. :shifty: Have those got Finn barrels or Dragoon barrels ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well to be a 50.00 purchase you have quite a investment. Fortunately you didn’t mess with it and try to sand it or anything. It may be worth 10-15 times what you bought it for if not considerably more. Congrats
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

A nice piece, I had to wait and hunt for my ski/bicycle trooper. It sure as hell cost me more than 50 bucks too. Welcome to the club.
1927 M28 Ski Trooper 015.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Lucky you. These are becoming very scarce...