Stevens 555 part two

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Sonny

Stevens 555 part two

Post by Sonny »

Well I liked my Stevens 555 12 gauge so much that I had to get one in 28 gauge. :wink:

This little gun sure is sweet and only weighs 5.1 lbs. which would make it a great ladies or kids gun. Shot three rounds of trap with it yesterday and I did pretty good, a 17-19-20, that was all the trap loads I had but tomorrow UPS is gonna drop off three cases of Winchester AA 28 gauge #8 shot.

couple of pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Stevens 555 part two

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: Never had a 28 gauge, no reason, just never had one come along. 410, 20, 16, 12, 10 are all I have so far. I don't know anyone who has one, or ever had one, just thin on the ground here. If kids and the ladies can handle a 28 they should have no problems with the 16.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:20 pm :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: Never had a 28 gauge, no reason, just never had one come along. 410, 20, 16, 12, 10 are all I have so far. I don't know anyone who has one, or ever had one, just thin on the ground here. If kids and the ladies can handle a 28 they should have no problems with the 16.
There's not really that much difference between a 20 gauge 7/8oz load and a 3/4oz load in a 28 gauge except maybe price. lol

But I did get a good deal on three cases of double AA shot shells and these will keep me shooting for awhile. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did I tell the story about the idiot down in NYC who bought one 25 round box of 12 gauge birdshot from a tag sale for $200 ? True story, he boasted of his find to his friend, our tenant who asked him twice to repeat how much he paid. Just think how much he would pay for what you have there, 12 gauge, 28 gauge, makes no difference as he has no gun anyway, just that one box of ammo. I seem to have three or four box's of birdshot tucked away everywhere, I told our tenant to have his buddy come on up, bring ten grand to start with. He told me to go fuck myself, the line to take that guys money starts behind him.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:39 pm Did I tell the story about the idiot down in NYC who bought one 25 round box of 12 gauge birdshot from a tag sale for $200 ? True story, he boasted of his find to his friend, our tenant who asked him twice to repeat how much he paid. Just think how much he would pay for what you have there, 12 gauge, 28 gauge, makes no difference as he has no gun anyway, just that one box of ammo. I seem to have three or four box's of birdshot tucked away everywhere, I told our tenant to have his buddy come on up, bring ten grand to start with. He told me to go fuck myself, the line to take that guys money starts behind him.
Holy Crap I'll bet you could sell that guy a bridge and make him think that he got a good deal. :lol:

But I got a decent deal on this ammo plus I got free shipping. :thumbsup:

https://alflahertys.com/winchester-aa-s ... 5-aasc288/
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:39 pm Did I tell the story about the idiot down in NYC who bought one 25 round box of 12 gauge birdshot from a tag sale for $200 ? True story, he boasted of his find to his friend, our tenant who asked him twice to repeat how much he paid. Just think how much he would pay for what you have there, 12 gauge, 28 gauge, makes no difference as he has no gun anyway, just that one box of ammo. I seem to have three or four box's of birdshot tucked away everywhere, I told our tenant to have his buddy come on up, bring ten grand to start with. He told me to go fuck myself, the line to take that guys money starts behind him.
Holy Crap I'll bet you could sell that guy a bridge and make him think that he got a good deal. :lol:

But I got a decent deal on this ammo plus I got free shipping. :thumbsup:

https://alflahertys.com/winchester-aa-s ... 5-aasc288/
Story's like that have happened thousands of times in recent days with the gun and ammo panic.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I had a great day with the little 28 gauge today. Shot a 19 - 21 - 22...... :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to retire my Stevens 555 12 gauge. That damn gun it to light and the comb is to high for me, keeps hitting me in the cheek. This little 28 on the other hand fits perfect and I can shoot it all day long without getting beat up.

I should have listened to entropy, he tried to warn me about that Stevens but I didn't listen. :lol:
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Looked over a couple 555's at my local shop this past weekend. The wood was beautiful and caught my eye over anything else on the wall. My friend handed it to me across the counter and I about stabbed the ceiling not expecting to to be so light. Made my ole broken shoulder hurt just thinking about the recoil it could give.