Valmet M55 "Finnish Lion"

Rim Fire Firearms
CalFed

Valmet M55 "Finnish Lion"

Post by CalFed »

I glommed a Valmet Finnish Lion at an auction a few weeks ago.It is in my FFL's safe, waiting out the 10 day "cooling off" period. Here are a few auction pictures...

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Valmet M55 "Finnish Lion"

Post by millman »

Very nice.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:cool2: mighty fine squirrel rifle. :wink: Is the rear sight a diopter you screw on ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
CalFed

Post by CalFed »

millman wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 amVery nice.
steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:39 pm :cool2: mighty fine squirrel rifle. :wink: Is the rear sight a diopter you screw on ?
Thanks, guys.

The rifle did not come with a rear sight or set screw.

I have a couple of spare sights, and have a forum member working on a set screw.

My new Valmet M55 arrived at my FFL and I got a chance to try one of my spare rear sights with the set screw from my M65...fit like a glove...and not OJ's glove ;)

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

That's a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:
CalFed

Post by CalFed »

Thanks, guys. As soon as the 10 day "cooling off" period is over, I'll post a range report.

One thing, the barrel on this one is a lot heavier than the one on my M65.

This is my M65...

locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

No wonder that's got to cool off its pretty hot!
rallinkuski

Post by rallinkuski »

needs help find trigger and but plate on m55 or dimensions off trigger schematic i am from finland i will ask my brother lives there research parts might be hard i live in florida for 32 yars now and just got gun smith spcial parts missin trigger hand guard sight rear and but adapter please any info for parts thanks rally
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

rallinkuski wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:14 am needs help find trigger and but plate on m55 or dimensions off trigger schematic i am from finland i will ask my brother lives there research parts might be hard i live in florida for 32 yars now and just got gun smith spcial parts missin trigger hand guard sight rear and but adapter please any info for parts thanks rally
Try asking on rimfirecentral.com ,that is a great place for rimfire info. Good luck.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice catch.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
CalFed

Post by CalFed »

Thanks, guys.

I finally got some from Scott Stonehill at Evans Screw.

He did an excellent job.

One of the right is the original

steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:shifty: where have I seen a bolt like that ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"