Chinese NP17

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Chinese NP17

Post by Longcolt44 »

But the importer thought it was a Chinese T-54 and stamped it as so. Actually, the only difference between a T-54 and an NP17 is the grip design, the magazine well, and caliber. You can see from the pictures that without the NP17 grip the pistol looks to be your run-of-the-mill Tokarev model. The grip from my Chinese 213 grip fits just fine on this model. My Chinese 213 is shown with this NP17 in the pictures below. All these Chinese variants come from the same company, China North Industries Corp. (NORINCO).
Starting in the mid-1950s, the People’s Republic of China joined the club of TT manufacturing countries with the introduction of the Type 54 service pistol. It was also made in the post-1951 pattern, with “star in the circle” plastic grips. China was probably the biggest manufacturer of TT pistols after the USSR, issuing these pistols in large numbers to the People’s Liberation Army, the People’s Armed Police and also liberally exporting basic pistols and modifications to many countries across the world.
China, along with the former Yugoslavia, also became the most prolific manufacturer of modified versions of the TT, offering export modifications with various styles of grips, added manual safeties, and in optional chamberings like 9mm under a variety of names like Norinco Model 201 (in 7.62mm), Norinco Model 213 (in 9mm), M20, TU-90, etc. It seems that the Model 213B (a 9mm version with an added manual safety at the rear of the frame and plastic curved grips) is still manufactured by Norinco for commercial export. In some countries, this model is also sold as the Norinco NP-17 pistol.
Chinese NP17 001.JPG
Chinese NP17 002.JPG
Chinese NP17 003.JPG
Chinese NP17 004.JPG
Chinese NP17 005.JPG
Chinese NP17 006.JPG
Chinese NP17 007.JPG
Chinese NP17 008.JPG
Chinese NP17 009.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Chinese NP17

Post by Darryl »

looks just like my Romanian TOK.

How does it shoot?

Darryl
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chinese NP17

Post by Longcolt44 »

Darryl wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 pm looks just like my Romanian TOK.

How does it shoot?

Darryl
Well Darryl, I don't know. I just got it and haven't been to the range. That and even if I get to the range the shortage and cost of 9mm put a dent in shooting just to shoot. It's not just 9mm holding me back either. I put new sights on my blued Mini 14 and a nice red dot sight on the Stainless Mini 14 and the cost of 223 is just silly. That and Uncle Joe and the Hoe have driven gas prices to almost $3.00 a gallon and this isn't even 1/2 way through their first 1/4. ( That was just bitching not a political statement :whistle: )
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!