1945 Izhevsk M38 with M44 stock

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Beeps905

1945 Izhevsk M38 with M44 stock

Post by Beeps905 »

I'm new to this forum and not a collector, but love all the information and photos. I purchased this rifle approximately 15 years ago from a local gun shop who had several for sale from a bulk order. It still had packing grease in it when I got it. I finally decided to find out more about it and luckily discovered this website. All the information is very impressive. I thought I would share the photos. I believe it is a 1945 Izhevsk in a laminated M44 stock, but I'm no expert and would appreciate any input or info provided.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boltaction

Re: 1945 Izhevsk M38 with M44 stock

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
At first glance, it seems to be just that from the pictures. An M38 in wolfs clothes....
Or, someone took the folding pig sticker off...
Time for some G-96 on my M38 though....she's a little dry looking.
Nice, rifle you have. And welcome too the forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beeps905

Post by Beeps905 »

The bayonet on the rifle definitely looks good! Good pics and thank you for the reply.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Nice looking rifle. Looks like my M38 shooter. I call it the "Strawberry Blond".

Darryl