Rough Night......

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Rough Night......

Post by ffuries »

Right now I'm chilling out waiting to hear back from my Cardiologist, been in an out of fibrillation since last night, so around 18 hours now. Had EMS here last night, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant an ER trip. Normally these issues will resolve themselves, if it gets too erratic my ICD will shock me back into rhythm.

Plus the change up of my meds, has my blood pressure all over the place. Takes a bit for your system to adjust to new meds, smaller dosage of old meds, and the stopping of other meds.

I've come off two meds completely Amiodarone and Lisinopril, my Coreg was reduced from 25 mg to 12.5 mg a day, and started Entresto, that one we are working on the correct dosage for so it might need to be increased.

I'm exhausted since I spent most of the night tossing and turning, trying to find a position that didn't telegraph my erratic heart beat. Been napping off and on since around 0900, between watching TV.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
boltaction

Re: Rough Night......

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Take care of yourself.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Take it easy, Mike. We don't want that IED, er ICD, 'kick starting' your heart too many times. :big shock:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Just got off the phone with the Cardiologist, they put my Coreg back to the old dosage. Are looking to increase the Entresto dosage. I did a download of my ICD for them to see what is going on. They had an opening this Wednesday which I'm booked for, but said that if it gets worse get to the ER.

Thank you all for the well wishes. My yo-yoing blood pressure, and the fact it's getting so high has caused concern for my Cardiologist team. Prior to changing my medications up, my BP was borderline low or normal, last 10 days its been borderline high and high. My pulse has been bouncing all over the place also, in the last 10 days it's been in the 100's, just a few minutes ago it was 60 on the dot.

I'll keep yall posted and updated as I find out new information. CINC Household said, I can't play with the guns or look for guns and parts until after I see the Cardiologist. Like that is going to happen......
Last edited by ffuries on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Remember, It's called a medical PRACTICE for a reason....
I'm sure you have heard this from your doctors before. "well, let's try this now and see how it works for you".... I have.
Yet, I find that not talking/dealing with my narcissist neighbor next door lowers my BP too about a normal level... manage thy stress. But, I still take the Lisinopril also.
Again, Take care yourself. And, don't watch the News networks, both sides are poisoned right now... JMO.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

This is all side effects from that stun gun trick in the kitchen . If it bothers you again, drink two 16 oz Schlits malt liquors, then grab the plug wire on a running lawn mower. That's called an Indian shock treatment.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I understand a certain herb, legal in most states, is available to calm down the body. If all else fails look into it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

then he goes to jail for buying on the street and the jail will give him 2 aspirin.....
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:38 pm then he goes to jail for buying on the street and the jail will give him 2 aspirin.....
Yeah, then my guns would be up for grabs.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That herb is legal in Florida for medicinal uses...just say'n
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Ahmmm...... :whistle:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Yeah, then my guns would be up for grabs.........
Hello,
What are you talking about?.
Don't you trust the LEOs to take good care of them?
Heck, That's were I got my ThompsonA1 tommy gun in the early 80s, straight from the evidence locker.... The funny thing is, that PD Sargent became the County Sheriff... Sorry too say it, but. There is a fine line at times between the cops and the crooks. And, the only way to tell the difference, is one of them has the badge...
Before, anyone jumps up my ass for that comment. I dated the daughter of a Police Chief for 3-4yrs, my brother is a career LEO/Police Officer and I've had a ACP.45 stolen from me by a Reno Nevada Sheriff, during/after a traffic stop. So, I am pretty sure, I have a clue too what I'm talking about.
But, I'm way off topic.....
Best wishes, too your health.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Well a short update at around 0200 I came out of Afib, so I was in it for around 29 hours. As I was tossing and turning last night trying to find a position to lie in, I noticed the palpations just suddenly stopped. Lay there for a minute or two, they didn't restart, and been normal since.

So we'll see what the doc has to say tomorrow (Wednesday). Just happy to be feeling somewhat normal again.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Update:

Saw the doc today, went back on one of the meds for now, went off Aspirin and on an anticoagulant. They are wanting to do a Cardiac Ablation, but machine is awaiting repairs, but he's getting me on the schedule. The med I went back on is known to cause Pulmonary Fibrosis, the reason he wanted me off of it, the other option was a different med, but being put on it would require a 3 day hospital stay to watch for side effects. Something he wouldn't even considered due to Covid, his words were "I'm not going to jeopardize your health by putting you in a hospital with sick people".

So we're adjusting dosages, and meds to get my Afib back under control, until I can get the Ablation done, which he's hoping can be done in the next 2-3 months. Plus adjusting the meds will hopefully get my blood pressure regulated again, they are surprised at how erratic and high my BP was been over the last two weeks. They had me tracking it due to the med changes.

He was pretty impressed with the fact I knew when I went into and out of Afib, not everyone can feel it or knows what is going on
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What you need is to have your mind transplanted into a 20 year old body, all we need is a healthy vic....I mean donor who isn't hooked on weed, and eyesight ruined from constant phone use. Hey kid, want some free beer?

Hope you get all that sorted out, just remembering when, and what pills to take would be the end of me. Stay away from the fucking hospitals, that is what killed now three of our old friends.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:05 am What you need is to have your mind transplanted into a 20 year old body, all we need is a healthy vic....I mean donor who isn't hooked on weed, and eyesight ruined from constant phone use. Hey kid, want some free beer?

Hope you get all that sorted out, just remembering when, and what pills to take would be the end of me. Stay away from the fucking hospitals, that is what killed now three of our old friends.
Starting marking the caps of my pill bottles with a Sharpie some years ago. M for morning pills, N for nighttime pills, and T for the ones I take twice a day, and one marked EOD for every other day. That way I can just look and grab the right ones without having to look at labels.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member